Meet Magnus Lundqvist, our new cyber security cluster manager! He has only been here for a couple of weeks and is already working hard with developing a new deep tech community with us at Linköping Science Park. But first, let Magnus tell us a bit about himself!
|Hi Magnus! Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
– I am originally from a small town in Småland called Aneby where I grew up with my parents and my brother and sister. I moved to Linköping somewhere around when the dinosaurs went extinct to do my military service and to study Applied Physics and Electrical Engineering at Linköping University. After that, I have been in the MedTech industry for almost my whole career and now the last couple of years within cybersecurity.
How does it feel to be a part of Linköping Science Park?
– It feels great! I have now spent almost three weeks with the team and I really enjoy it! I’m really excited to get all involved in what we do at the Science Park and to contribute with what I can!
Please, tell us what you are going to work with?
– I will work with most of the things we do in Linköping Science Park that have something to do with cyber security and building a community around that. Cyber security is not only about firewalls and keeping your passwords complicated and safe – there’s so much more to it. I’m looking forward to raise the awareness in the region and also tying all the actors closer to each other. Creating a climate where these types of questions can be discussed and where we together make the region more resilient to different kinds of cyber-related issues.
How did you become interested in this field of work?
– I usually describe myself as a “commercial nerd”. I’m really passionate about all kinds of technical stuff and how it works, I can’t wait to get my hands on new technical stuff. At the same time, I get my energy from social interactions and what better place is there than being here? To have all these social interactions with people while discussing the subject of such an exciting area as cyber security?
What are you most looking forward to working here with us?
– Meeting a lot of people from all over the region and making good things happen! Somewhere in the beginning of my career I was told to “Gör nå’t bra!” (Do something good) when asking what to do next. I’m still applying that principle today 🙂
Want to know more about the cyber security community? (Of course you do) Click here.
Quick facts about Magnus!
Name: Magnus Lundqvist
Family: Wife Angelique and my two sons Emil (11) and Rasmus (6)
Lives in: Vikingstad right outside Linköping
Hobbies: Snowmobiling and karate
I’m good at: Drinking coffee (please join me for a fika and talk cybersecurity)
Fun fact about me: I speak “Rövarspråket” almost fluently. Haven’t had much use for it though.