Last week’s fireside was something special. In a fireside conversation skillfully moderated by Alexander Milton from East Sweden Game and Equal Play, Doanna Neville, executive producer at StarStable, shared her insights into the world of game development and the current challenges young individuals face in entering the competitive market.
Despite the international and male-dominated gaming industry, StarStable stands out with a balanced composition of 50 percent women and 50 percent men. Doanna emphasized the significance of maintaining gender balance in the industry.
Doanna’s best advice for juniors trying to get into the industry:
- Embrace all experiences, as every bit counts.
- If internships seem hard to apply for, consider starting at a smaller studio.
- Specialize in a specific area and become a master in it.
- Tailor your application to the specific company you’re applying to.
- Understand the company’s audience and reflect this knowledge in your application.
The fireside was arranged by East Sweden Tech Women, Norrköping Science Park and Equal Play. Thank you to everyone who came and participated!