Sectra Orthopaedics is a part of Sectra that provides software for planning and evaluating orthopaedic surgery, a discipline treating some of the world’s costliest and most painful afflictions. Every year we put powerful tools for visualization and manipulation of 2D and 3D medical images into the hands of thousands of orthopaedic surgeons and radiologists worldwide, helping them diagnose and plan the surgical treatment of their patients’ ailments, as well as assessing the effectiveness of those treatments. You can learn more about our solutions here.
We are looking for a software development generalist who loves code and wants to learn and grow with our experienced engineers while contributing to products that benefit patients, doctors and healthcare globally. As an integral component of our customer-obsessed development team you will work on improvements and innovations across our entire suite of products, in a Windows based environment using mainly recent versions of C# and the .NET Framework, in a mix of cloud and on-prem scenarios.
What will I do?
- Build and improve tools that provide the best user experience possible for surgeons and radiologists, using modern programming languages and frameworks
- Work at all levels in our tech stack, while being given ample opportunity to specialize in an area of your choice over time
- Frequently interact with our end users to find out how we can further help them in their mission to save lives and limbs
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional development team
What’s in it for me?
- You will get to work with an amazing team of passionate, friendly colleagues from all over the world, solving challenging technical problems while contributing to better healthcare for hundreds of thousands of patients every year
- You will get the opportunity to learn from our seasoned developers, including a dedicated mentor who will guide you through your onboarding and onwards
- You will have the freedom to explore your own ideas. Every month we arrange a “Creative Friday” where you get to work on a project entirely of your own choice, the results of which often find their way into our products
- Once COVID restrictions are lifted, you will be strongly encouraged to pack your suitcase and go visit some of our many customers, domestically as well as abroad. No digital meeting in the world can fully replace the value of sitting face to face with a surgeon – or even standing next to them in the operating room. We hope you’re as excited about that prospect as we are!
At Sectra, we hire people for who they are and for their willingness and ability to learn, rather than for their previous experience. We expect you to have a strong educational background and a proven track record of success, but also a sense of humor when appropriate. If you are a fast learner and the right person for the job, we will train you to meet the requirements of your new position.
For this position, the following requirements apply:
- You have a Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent with a strong academic record
- You are fluent in English and Swedish
- You are a devoted programmer with considerable experience from at least one modern object-oriented programming language, but preferably more
- You are analytical and a good problem solver
- You have a keen interest not only in solving the technical problems, but also in understanding how they relate to the reality of the user
- You have a positive attitude and the ability to take initiative and responsibility.
Most of all, we are looking for an open, passionate person who shares our values, is a true team player and will enjoy working with us at Sectra.
In addition, we consider it an asset if you also:
- have worked – or experimented – with neural networks,
- have knowledge of image processing and/or data visualization in 2D and 3D,
- have experience with functional programming or other alternative languages and platforms that can help bring new perspectives to our work,
- speak more languages than those required,
- have extracurricular interests such as sports, music, visual arts or flying (if you happen to have a pilot’s license, you can fly to our customers in our own Sectra airplane) – or anything else that makes you stand out from the crowd.
Please make sure to attach your CV, cover letter and transcripts/grades from both university and upper-secondary school (”gymnasium”) in your application.