At Sectra Medical Systems, we save lives. How? By designing and producing medical imaging IT solutions that increase the efficiency of hospitals and clinics worldwide.
Our scope includes a wide range of interesting challenges. We have projects for technical areas such as image analysis, visualization, advanced database applications and other complex software development. If you are interested in working in direct and close contact with customers, we can offer projects to develop and evaluate smaller product ideas. We also have a great need within economic disciplines and offer thesis projects in marketing and product management. We are always interested in discussing thesis projects with skilled students. If your profile and competence fit our needs, we will find a thesis project that fits your background and aims. A thesis project with good results could result in an excellent opportunity for employment at Sectra, in Sweden or abroad.
We offer thesis work for passionate people for whom doing “that little bit extra” is part of everyday life. The projects focus on a range of different areas, but we are always open to discussing any ideas that you may have. Only thesis projects at the Master’s level are offered.
Below are a few suggestions for currently available Master’s thesis projects:
- Image analysis and visualization – The amount of information in and around medical imaging is increasing, and the health care sector needs our help to facilitate diagnostic work for specific cases and to get a better overview.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) – Applications based on machine learning and artificial intelligence are here to stay. We must ensure that these applications give our users decision support and make them more efficient, rather than adding complexity to their everyday lives.
- Advanced database applications – Our systems contain incredible amounts of data that require efficient management to enable further analysis.
- Interaction – We want to make products that help the user shine in his or her profession. This places great demands on our knowledge of our users and their domains.
We are looking for individuals who are committed to what they do, have excellent grades and the drive to become skilled quickly. We would like to see a strong interest in medical technology, and solid experience from software development is very positive. Only thesis projects at the Master’s level are offered.
General qualifications for Master’s thesis at Sectra:
- Enrolled in a Master’s program in software engineering or similar, with a strong academic record
- Fluency in English and, preferably, Swedish
Please make sure to attach your CV, cover letter and grades from both university and gymnasium/upper-secondary school in your application.