Would you like empower our next generation ADAS and autonomous driving systems?
Arriver™ is a new software unit and brand, fully focused on developing perception, fusion and drive policy software for the next generation cars. It will deliver an open, scalable and flexible architecture solution running on Qualcomm® Snapdragon Ride™ System on a Chip (SoC) platform. Arriver™ has 800 people in five countries – China, Germany, Romania, Sweden, USA – and builds on more than a decade of experience in active safety software development. The company is wholly owned by Qualcomm.
In Sweden we are situated in Linkoping, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Lund with around 400 colleagues.
We are Vision Perception
Our Perception Strategy is to develop new solutions for the next generation Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD) on a global market, and to be the leader in Perception and Drive Policy Software.
At our technical center based in Linköping, we offer a workplace where you contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology that aims to enhance road safety through collaborative driving and to facilitate autonomous driving for several customers world-wide.
With us you get inspiring and sharp colleagues who like what we do and have fun at work. You get the chance to work with something meaningful and at the same time develop yourself.
We are now in an expansive phase and are looking for Computer Vision Engineers with expertise within camera calibration who can strengthen our organization for ongoing and upcoming collaborative driving projects.
What you’ll do?
You will be part of our development of camera-based safety systems, accelerating the growth in Autonomous Driving.
Camera calibration is an important topic within Computer Vision, and the functional performance of our ADAS and AD applications are highly dependent on accurate calibration at all times as it translates observations made in the images into real world coordinates.
You will develop calibration algorithms and frameworks to identify the geometric characteristics of the image creation process for both development and product platforms. Calibration is a vital step to perform in our Computer Vision applications in terms of;
- Ensuring accurate ground truth for precise annotation of data used for development and validation, including reference sensor cross-calibration
- Knowing the exact mounting orientation and lens properties for each individual camera is essential to be able to control the vehicle in a safe and precise way
- Enabling fusion of data from Lidar, Radar and other onboard sensors
- Providing online (dynamic calibration) and offline tools for calibration, including monitoring and validation of calibration status
The team is responsible for developing calibration routines and assists in using calibration rigs to set up vehicles in our test fleet.
The team also develops its own and the organization’s expertise within the domain via the Calibration Community of Practice, for example providing training in using calibration rigs.
You will be working together with specialists in a variety of technical domains to deliver our most central system functions for ADAS and AD such as Vehicle, Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection, Lane and Road Boundary Detection, Static Object Detection, Traffic Sign and Traffic Light Detection.
What you’ll bring:
We are looking for people that have a high motivation and a “can do”-attitude to strengthen our delivery in ongoing and upcoming collaborative driving projects.
To succeed in this position, we believe you have more than one of the following qualifications:
- Algorithm development skills within geometrical vision, robotics or a mathematical background
- Strong software development experience from industry, preferably in C, C++ and Python
- Systems engineering experience, preferably for embedded systems
- Hold a Master of Science in math, image- or signal processing, computer science or equivalent area
We also believe you have an analytical ability and high-quality awareness. You lead your own and the team´s work forward, by exploring new ideas and experiment for the benefit of the product, the team and yourself.
You are fluent in English and preferably Swedish.
What we offer?
We offer a workplace where you contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology. This, combined with the purpose of our products, aims to enhance road safety and facilitate autonomous driving.
- An important role in one of the most expansive technical fields
- An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
- A possibility to be challenged every day and to be a key person in our team
- A culture that embodies respect, openness, and courage
- A workplace with a passion for delivering on customer promises and excellence in our way of working
- A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world
We have the possibility to work when we are at our best with flexible hours and take care of our well-being with generous health and fitness reimbursements, access to an office gym and social activities.
Arriver appreciates the value that comes with diverse teams and strives for a good balance between both gender and age as well as ethnicity and cultural diversity.
Location: Linköping, Sweden
Last application date: 2022-06-30
Employment condition: Permanent, full time
Starting date: According to agreement
Union representative: We have collective agreements with Sveriges Ingenjörer and Unionen. Our labor unions representatives can be contacted at 0322 – 30 94 00.