The Nordic countries has a strong innovation culture, highly technologically literate citizens, and a public sector that are dedicated to offer valuable open data sets, in order to build new digital solutions. At this hackathon we want you to put your skills into play and demonstrate how digital solutions can help the Nordics become a leading region in digitalization, AI and responsible use of open data. The Hackathon is part of Nordic Innovation’s AI and Data program. We look forward to have you on board – and to see what ideas you have in mind!
What is the goal of the hackathon?
At the hackathon, we will be working around the following SDGs! We have pre-defined challenges, whereas there are great opportunities to apply AI in combination with the open data sets (described in the section below). You are also welcome to solve other relevant challenges with the data-sets, but we will make sure to give you insights on the pre-defined.
SDG 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure:
- (How) can road camera data supplemented by other data be used optimize freight transport and traffic flows around heavy vehicles?
- (How) can road camera data be used to monitor the resilience and health of the transport infrastructure?
SDG 13: Climate Action
- (How) can road camera data improve traffic flows, prevent congestion and ensure a greener transportation sector?
SDG 15: Life on Land
- (How) can road camera data contribute to improved road safety and better human health?
- (How) can road camera data monitor roadside ecosystems and their health?
We have engage a line mentors with relevant expertise. The mentors will therefore be able to give you insight to the industry challenges and then opportunities that lies within AI.
What data will be made available for us?
The central datasets at the hackathon are road camera datasets from across the five Nordic countries. Road camera data consists of a photo stream or data feed from web cameras located alongside roads in the Nordic countries.
Several other datasets will be curated to be used by you alongside the road camera datasets.
- Traffic events and roadworks dataset (traffic incidents, road conditions, traffic disorders)
Weather datasets (wind, downpour, temperature, water levels etc)
- Air quality datasets (pollution in an area, air quality measurements, weather, emissions)
3 locations in the Nordics – 1 hackathon!
REGISTER FOR HACKATHON IN SWEDEN (STOCKHOLM)
The hackathon will take place in Stockholm and area in partnership with KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. Specific location is to be announced.
REGISTER FOR HACKATHON ONLINE (ON TEAMS)
The hackathon will take place ONLINE. You will get a link for the hackathon after registration. This makes it possible for you to join from anywhere – through teams:)
Read more and see the program here