Are you interested in modern software testing? Do you like the idea of working in a DevOps team together with dedicated people to build and operate outstanding products with high quality? Do you still want to develop code but with a focus on driving quality assurance in your team?
Axis R&D-site in Linköping is looking for a QA-engineer with roots in programming.
Who is your future team?
At Axis in Linköping we work in small teams where all team members share and collaborate on all the tasks of a software team. In order to facilitate this, we are believers in methods that encourage that you are never alone when coding or performing other tasks. Methods like mob and pair programming.
To ensure that we always maintain high quality, we build quality into the system as early as possible in the development process. Any defects must be found quickly, as much as possible by means of automated tests, so that they can be corrected as close to the source as possible.
What you’ll do as a QA-engineer
As a QA-focused team member, you have the leading responsibility for driving your team’s QA activities. You have the skills to create a test strategy and enjoy planning the relevant QA work of your team. You inspire and guide your colleagues in questions and tasks related to QA. We don’t see you as the tester of the team, but rather that you are the force behind making sure that the team as a whole plan and execute on a solid QA strategy.
In this role we expect you to have good programming skills since we believe that your success will come from working as a fully integrated part of the development team.
The responsibilities of the role include
- Take a leading role in your team’s work regarding quality assurance
- Be a part of the everyday teamwork – programming in mob or pair
- Drive the creation of test strategies and plans for relevant test activities
- Together with other colleagues drive continuous improvement of our DevOps chain
We’d love to hear that you have/are
- Engineering bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, physics, mathematics engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience as a QA-engineer
- Working knowledge of test automation
- Programming skills with bonus points if you are already familiar with TypeScript, React and Node.js.
- An interest covering the whole product cycle meaning everything from product definition, implementing features to finished product.
- A dedicated teamplayer
What Axis have to offer
At Axis in Linköping we work according to the methods and principles established in software development in recent years, such as Lean, DevOps and agile variants. This involves a constant search – particularly for learning and ways to improve work. You will work in a team with curious and skilled colleagues in a friendly environment. The office is situated in Vallastaden Linköping and by the end of 2021 we will be moving to our newly built office in Ebbepark, where we have the space and prerequisites to continue growing.
Axis is a company realizing the benefits of a diverse workforce. We know that diversity in groups creates a better working environment and promotes creativity, something that is fundamental for our success.
Ready to Act?
Find out more from recruiting manager Henrik Kurelid at +46 (0)73-261 52 70 or Sandra Beskow at +46 (0)73-261 52 62, or contact HR Business Partner Pernille Törnquist, +46 (0)72-185 18 05.