Do you want to work with new technology in real-life development projects and be involved in the digitization of connected vehicles? That possibility may be closer than you think. We at Toyota are looking for full stack developers for our fleet management system. At R&D, we deliver industrial IoT in connected vehicles, and with us you get to work with the latest technology in close contact with the end product and our customers.
As a full stack developer at Toyota you will:
- Become an important part of one of the development teams that develop our fleet management offer, in collaboration with the teams that develop the systems on board the truck.
- Work in a cross functional DevOps team with both backend and frontend using the dotnet-stack and React, who autonoumously build, own and run their own code in production.
- Develop modern, globally scalable and cost efficient cloud solutions using Microsoft Azure.
- Design and build solutions for connected machines using industry leading IoT platforms and offerings from Microsoft.
At the core of our IoT initiative is the I_Site fleet managment system for trucks offering customers access to their trucks and monitoring of their fleets from a browser or phone. We are currently in a journey modernizing our platform to make it state of the art and a solid stepping stone into broadening our IoT offering to customers.
Connectivity is one of Toyota’s rapidly growing focus areas. Within R&D at Toyota Material Handling, we are responsible for the end-to-end development for IoT in connected vehicles. We are responsible for the entire chain from sensor in truck to customer’s UX on the web. The system has been developed within Toyota since 2008. Today there are more than 200,000 connected units in 70 countries, which places high demands on performance, scalability and availability.
We have an agile approach where the prioritization is controlled by a backlog set by the IoT program via product owners. International contacts are an important part of your work in our development department.
For the position as full stack developer, we are looking for you who have/are:
- Master of Science in Engineering, other relevant technical college education or vocational education combined with work experience.
- Experience of programming in C#.
- Experience of cloud based systems, e.g. Microsoft Azure or AWS.
- Experience of frontend development, preferably with component based libraries such as ReactJS.
- Experience of developing container based solutions (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of test automation and test driven development.
- Knowledge of databases, preferably experience of document based databases such as MongoDB or CosmosDB.
- Experience of IoT is an advantage.
A broad interest in technology and good problem-solving ability.
What is Toyota Material Handling?
At our site in Mjölby, 3,000 employees work with material handling from development concepts to manufactured vehicles. Our product range goes from loyal servants such as manual hand trucks to autonomous self-driving 1.5 tonne vehicles and innovative energy solutions. With us, the employee is central and our employees describe us as a friendly company with a focus on personal development, personal responsibility and health.
At Toyota, we strive to be a sustainable employer through our outstanding environmental work and our personnel policy. We currently have, among other things, a carbon-neutral production and a KRAV-labelled staff restaurant. Furthermore, we offer our staff good training opportunities through group training eight times a week and a newly renovated gym.
We have good commuting opportunities by commuter trains and car from most cities in Östergötland, 30 minutes from Linköping and 20 minutes from Motala. We offer free parking within 5 minutes of your workplace with free access to engine heaters.
Does it sound interesting? Apply before 2023-08-13. The selection process begins after the application deadline.
Feel free to contact our employees for more information
- Rebecka Domeij Bäckryd, Manager IoT Software Application, tel. 070-271 13 68
- Pierre Barkman, Manager IoT Software Application, tel. 073-084 61 74
Linkedin: Toyota Material Handling Manufacturing