In Toyota Material Handling Europe, we have 13,500 colleagues passionate about supporting companies of all sizes with todays and tomorrow’s Material handling challenges. Because we know that our business and our industry are essential and sometimes even critical for you, for daily life and society at large. In our Headquarters in Mjölby and Gothenburg, Sweden and Willebroek, Belgium, in our Sales companies across Europe or in our Factories in France, Italy and Sweden, you can be part of an extraordinary journey. And together we will Move the world towards easy and sustainable.
Time for you to make a MOVE!
We are now looking for a ECO Design Engineer to be a part of our team that is responsible and guarantee the fulfilment by design of the environmental regulations and Sustainable Toyota Material Handling Europe (TMHE) business model applicable to TMHE Products.
The team represents R&D in Toyota forums and groups regarding Eco-Design and product environmental performance. A key task is to act on behalf of TMHE in the development of eco design related norms and regulations also through manufacturer associations. As ambassador for a more sustainable culture in the overall R&D transformation the position will occasionally require travel, primarily within Europe.
For this position we are looking for someone driven that can make a difference within sustainability. If you are the right person for us this position could also fit a more junior profile.
- Introduce the Eco-Design approach in R&D defining methods and competences
- Represent R&D in Toyota groups to support the business transformation with R&D initiatives and new products also leading dedicated working groups
- Lead the introduction of the new requirements in time and according the TMHE strategy
- Support the product development with the proper tools and software and coordinate the alignment between R&D centers
- Measure and Report environmental performance of THME Products
- Participate as member of TMHE in Manufacturer associations and standardization bodies
- Knowledge of eco-design methodologies and LCA, including software dedicated (e.g. SimaPro)
- Knowledge in Product Development methods and environmental regulation
- Strong ability to work in multidisciplinary team, and comfortable working with a diverse set of people
- Hands- on and solutions-oriented approach
- High integrity and ability to work independently
- Experience in a similar position is considered a plus
- Fluent in both written and spoken Swedish and English
- Master Diploma in a relevant area, plus experience green strategy and sustainable performance
In a rapidly growing high-tech industry in fast transformation, TMHE is stable, global and influential. We offer a dynamic, diverse, and welcoming local work environment where you always act within an international context. The position is in Mjölby, Sweden but possibility to work remote a few days per week is a natural part of the deal, so is an attractive benefit package and a yearly bonus.
Please send your application, containing Curriculum Vitae and application letter in English no later than December 3rd 2023. We screen continuously, so do not miss out on this opportunity!
For more information on the job, please contact:
Rodolfo Occari, TAO Senior Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org
Mikael Johansson, Machinery Safety and Product Compliance Manager;email@example.com