Toyota Industries Europe (TIE) is the European holding company of Toyota Industries Corporation’s (TICO) based in Japan. TIE hosts business units such as Toyota Material Handling Europe, Vanderlande and viastore.
TIE has more than 20 000 employees. Our business units are primarily operating in the material handling and intralogistics area. We have presence in all major European markets. Although our business has its roots in Europe, approximately 15% of our operations are conducted outside the continent, with a primary focus on the United States and Asia. We are now building up the capability in TIE to support our business units to drive synergies and optimize corporate services, improve corporate governance, and build critical competence for the entire group.
TIE is looking for an experienced Director of Treasury to drive the harmonization and consolidation of our treasury activities and lead the new treasury organization, including managing the organisation’s banking relationships, investments, and overall capital structure.
You initiate and drive projects to support further growth and efficiency and are responsible for bank relations and the short- and long-term funding (Bank loans, CP, EMTN etc). You act within the international banking world, supporting all our business units – Toyota Material Handling Europe, Vanderlande, viastore and other entities within the TIE Group. You will be a part of the TIE management team and report to the Managing Director of TIE, Lars Hägerborg.
- Develop and execute comprehensive treasury strategies aligned with the company’s goals and objectives
- Take ownership of the treasury management
- Risk management and risk profile, as well as commodity management
- Manage all aspects of cash management, including forecasting, monitoring, and optimizing liquidity
- Oversee the company’s investment portfolio, including evaluating investment opportunities, managing relationships with financial institutions, and maximizing returns
- Monitor and mitigate financial risks, including interest rate, currency, and credit risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with banking partners, credit rating agencies, and other external stakeholders
- Lead the treasury team, providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to ensure high performance and professional growth
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including Finance, Accounting, Legal, and senior leadership, to support financial decision-making and ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and regulatory changes related to treasury management, and provide recommendations and insights to senior management
- Minimum 10 years of treasury experience with a proven track record & experience in a similar role
- Experience from driving change management projects
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment instruments, and risk management techniques
- Proven track record in developing and implementing treasury strategies to optimize cash flow and maximize return on investments
- Understands the challenges of operating in diverse cross-cultural international relationships
- Solid knowledge of relevant regulations and compliance requirements
- Broad knowledge in funding and efficient internal banking
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- MBA in business administration or similar
In a rapidly growing high-tech industry in fast transformation, Toyota Industries is stable, global and influential. We offer a dynamic, diverse, and welcoming work environment where you always act within an international context. The position is in Mjölby with the possibility to work remotely a few days per week.
Most importantly, we have good, open, and collaborative environment and we encourage continuous development and learning to deliver quality in everything we do. While you keep moving us forward, we look forward to seeing your career move in remarkable ways.
Time for you to make a MOVE!
Please send your application, containing Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in English no later than September 17th 2023. We screen continuously, so do not miss out on this opportunity!
For more information about the position, please contact Lars Hägerborg Managing Director Toyota Industries Europe, firstname.lastname@example.org