Configura works with parametric configuration. We develop rules-based software to draw spaces in 2D and 3D for leading companies within the commercial furniture, kitchen and material handling industries. In the background, prices and configurations are automatically calculated. We are a global company with customers in 10 countries and users in more than 100. Configura is headquartered in Linköping (Sweden) with four wholly owned subsidiaries in Grand Rapids (Michigan, USA), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Shenzhen (China), Berlin (Germany) and a small office in Gothenburg (Sweden). Our unique expertise places us at the forefront of Space Planning and Configuration solutions. With more than 250 professionals we are now ready to take on unique challenges anywhere in the world.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We have an opening in our Linköping office for an enthusiastic individual who is eager to contribute towards improvements of the user experience of our CET Designer Platform. CET Designer is a comprehensive programming environment that can be used to implement products and create extensions for CET Designer. CET Developer uses algorithms and programming to create highly complex and sophisticated solutions for a variety of industries.
As a UI/UX Designer you will be responsible for overseeing user experience and design aspects of CET Designer. As a UI/UX Designer you will work to develop a cohesive experience throughout our platform in order to increase user experience. In addition to present and communicate insights to help shape long-term product strategy you will also follow up on solutions and concepts in order to improve them. In this role it’s important that you are a team player as you will collaborate with architects and developers to maintain a cohesive design and experience throughout our product.
If you want to work for a company with Swedish roots and a genuine care for its employees, this position could be for you. We take pride in our low employee turnover and are especially proud of our approach for teamwork and strong work enthusiasm among our talented employees.
WHO WE BELIEVE YOU ARE
In order to fit the role as UI/UX Designer we believe you are a curious individual with problem solving skills together with a strong interest in user interaction and how to incorporate them into designs. While you collaborate well you also work independently. You understand the importance of a successful user experience and you have the ability to understand our customers and their needs in order to develop a cohesive experience throughout our platform. To succeed in this role, you should be ambitious and have a positive attitude along with the aim of constantly improving and simplifying the user experience. We are looking for a problem-solving individual who strive for qualitative results and improvements.
- Focus on user needs and behaviors in order to create usable solutions
- Cooperate with architects and developers to create a cohesive design and user experience
- Collaborate with other UI/UX designers to create guidelines and design library for CET Designer that can be used for internal and external projects
- Create user test scenarios and prototypes to validate design hypothesis
- Follow up solutions and concepts in order to improve them
- Build prototypes in Sketch, Figma, InVision or similar tools
- Attend in the development processes, from start to goal, in projects with focus on the UI/UX design
- Help develop and refine the design processes
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE
- Master’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related Design or Behavioral Science discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of usability and user centered design processes
- Experience in using Sketch, Figma, InVision or similar tools
- Thrive in a culture of curiosity, collaboration and continuous change
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English
As a member of the Configura family, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop your skills in an innovative and high-tech environment surrounded by committed, talented and enthusiastic co-workers from all offices.
Welcome to send an application to email@example.com if this feels like your kind of challenge!