Our passion at Opera is to create new products and services to bring the whole world online. In our Swedish offices, in Linköping and Göteborg, we are working on the next versions of our browsers on Android. We are creating beautiful user interfaces while constantly striving to innovate and improve the browsing experience even further. Opera Mini and Opera for Android, with their 250 million-plus users, were born and created in Sweden.
For the summer of 2022, we are seeking motivated, talented design students who want to spend 2-3 months contributing to the development of our Opera for Android browser.
An internship at Opera can be more than a summer placement, it can also serve as stepping-stone career experiences to permanent or part-time employment with Opera. We offer a positive, fun work atmosphere where you can really make a difference!
- Help other designers to deliver mockups, user flows, and prototypes using tools such as Figma.
- Participate in user research projects (interviews, usability tests, surveys) to better understand user needs and validate design decisions.
- Work closely with developers handing off your designs and providing specifications.
- Prepare graphics for presentations and marketing materials.
In our team, designers…
- Focus on the product interface design as well as promotional materials for upcoming launches.
- Work using our design system which we constantly maintain and develop.
- Understand business goals and suggest solutions that help Opera grow.
- Validate hypotheses by tracking analytics and gathering user feedback.
- Care about the quality of the design througout the entire product development process – from mockups to beta and launch.
How to apply
Please attach a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio (if you have one) when submitting your application.
For our summer internship positions we do not have the capacity to arrange for travel and accommodation. You are still free to apply, but please bear in mind that you have to arrange such logistics on your own.
We will be glad to meet you, or even better, to work together!
Opera is a global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base in order to expand its business into new segments. Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, and apps dedicated to gaming, fintech, e-commerce and classifieds.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.