At Sectra we want to use our passion for technology to contribute to a better world. Sectra develops and sells IT systems and products for imaging management within healthcare. We also have core expertise in encryption technology. Sectra was founded in 1978 and has its roots in Linköping University in Sweden. Today, Sectra has offices in 13 countries and operates through partners worldwide.
Do you what to spend part of your free time working on products that help orthopaedic patients receive better surgical care?
Sectra Orthopaedic Solutions offers a complete solution for planning of orthopaedic surgery on 2D and 3D x-ray images. Our products allow the surgeon to select the prosthesis with the best fit for the individual patient from our extensive database of “templates”, or CAD drawings, of the implants, thereby improving outcomes and lowering the cost of healthcare for society. In your role as a “template registration engineer” you will get the chance to directly contribute to our product by helping us maintain and add to our template library based on input from surgeons and implant manufacturers.
The position is paid on an hourly basis with fully flexible working hours, which means it’s perfectly suited for engineering students who want to earn a bit of extra money while experiencing real-life product development in the med-tech field, and having the results of their work be used by healthcare professionals and making a difference to patients all over the world.
What’s in it for me?
As an employee at Sectra you will develop both professionally and on a personal level, and you will have a lot of fun along the way! You will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies to meet the high demands on quality, effectiveness and safety expected from our customers. You will play an important role in bringing value to our products by making sure the surgeons’ expectations are always exceeded – and fill your resume with relevant engineering experiences doing it.
You will also:
- Have fun!
- Gain experience from working with medical software product development
- Work with and learn from highly skilled and experienced colleagues
- Contribute to products that are beneficial to society
An interest in, and experience with, 2D and 3D graphics is an asset but at Sectra we hire people for who they are and for their willingness and ability to learn, rather than for their previous experience.
For this position, we have the following requirements:
- Finished or ongoing Engineering or Computer Science studies with an excellent academic record
- Fluency in Swedish and English
- You are curious about new technology and a strong problem solver
- You love teamwork
- You have a willingness to improve and are eager to learn and you like to share your knowledge with those around you
In addition, we consider it an asset if you:
- Have experience in software development or testing
- Have interests besides school/work, such as sports, crocheting, music, dance, singing, horseback riding, or anything else that you feel passionate about
- Speak more languages than those required above
- Have experience with other cultures
Are you up for the challenge? Submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts/grades from both university and gymnasium/upper-secondary school in your application.
Apply before: 31-Dec-2021
Our goal is for the right candidate to start this position as soon as possible.