Our Exciting Opportunity
Product Development Unit (PDU) Cloud RAN within Development Unit Networks (DNEW). This new PDU will ensure Ericsson’s readiness in virtualization of radio access network (RAN) solutions and complement our embedded RAN portfolio in order to serve our customers when deploying 5G. PDU Cloud RAN is building a full stack virtualization of the 5G NR CU (Central Unit) and DU (Distributed Unit) based on COTS HW and cloud-native technologies
We in Cloud RAN vCU organization are responsible for 5G Traffic Control products and functions. We have a clear customer focus with commercial deliveries planned very soon.
We are growing our organization with skilled persons with various experiences in System Engineering or Software Development who cares about well-crafted software. We are searching for people who are eager to join us on our journey to build something truly exciting!
In this newly formed unit, we embrace a start-up mentality to deliver a product with great customer experience and increased organizational efficiency making creative and out-of-the box employees an excellent fit.
We offer an environment where You will be part of a team bringing the solutions, we develop from systemization to product introduction and release, taking an end-to-end product responsibility.
You will be part of E2E software development of microservices in a Cloud based Radio Access Network, all the way from requirement setting, systemization, implementation, verification to customer release and maintenance.
At Ericsson we believe in teamwork and value open communication. Our way of working is to have agile Teams that together have the required knowledge to drive the software products from start to finish. All members of the team contribute with their expertise. Communication, and coordination both between team-members and teams are equally important.
- Work with the software product and feature development delivering microservices for the Cloud RAN Traffic Control Unit domain
- Work with E2E and Module Systemization.
- Adopt cloud native technology and principles
- Work collaboratively with customers to improve the product
To be successful in the role you must have
- A spirit of positiveness and creativeness with a can-do-attitude
- Great communicating skills
- Team-spirit mentality to reach common goals together with your team
- A positive mindset
- A great deal of care for well-crafted software
- MSc or BSc level in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent level of knowledge
- Programming skills in object-oriented programming languages such as C/C++. Other programming languages are highly valuable as well
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English
- Experience in any of the following areas – Virtualization, cloud, container technologies, development of microservices, SW architecture and agile methods and continuous integration is beneficial.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for the next steps, please explore here
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.