Sectra provides world-leading solutions for secure communications and want to make our outmost to ensure our customers can work efficiently with sensitive data while being on the move. For this position you will join our Enterprise Mobile Security team and work closely with other developers and testers in one of our agile product development teams to make our vision happen.
We are currently expanding the VPN team and several positions are available. Our VPN solution covers iOS and Android clients and a server backend, and we are looking into Windows as well. This means development in a range of languages and platforms. You will work on various levels ranging from network protocols and interfaces to high-level application features, both design and implementation/test. You will be challenged to solve complex problems and find solutions that are both secure and easy to deploy and use. Together with us you will help contribute to a safer society.
In this position, you will:
- Solve complex and interesting problems with driven colleagues
- Complete user stories with the team and constantly bring customer value through small releases and close cooperation with the product owner and customer
- Develop a VPN solution that “just works” with balanced security
- Provide relevant documentation for the system being developed together with your team members
- Continuously maintain unit tests and evolve our automated test suite
- Monitor the market for security and technology related to our products
- Enhance our way of working – we can always improve!
What’s in it for me?
Our developers and testers get to work with cutting edge technologies to meet the high demands on security, usability and availability, expected from our secure communication solutions. You will play a key role in bringing value to our products by making sure the customer’s expectations are exceeded.
You will also:
- Contribute to a safer society by making sure information can be transferred between those who shall have access to it
- Work with highly skilled co-workers that always want to improve
- Be part of a team working in close cooperation with the product owner and customer to develop easy-to-use products
- Be part of our learning journey – we are eager to excel and learn even more
- Have fun!
At Sectra, we hire people for who they are and for their willingness and ability to learn, rather than for their previous experience. If you are a fast learner and the right person for the job, we will train you to meet the requirements of your new position.
For this position, the following requirements apply:
- PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, IT or equivalent with an excellent academic record
- Swedish citizenship and fluent in both English and Swedish
- You value quality and know what it means to deliver high-quality code
- You are curious about new technology and a strong problem solver
- Willingness to improve and eager to learn
- Love teamwork
Most of all, we are looking for an open, passionate person who shares our values, is a true team player and will enjoy working with the rest of us at Sectra.
In addition, we consider it an asset if you also:
- Have a strong interest in IT security
- Have experience in network protocols and interfaces as well as deep knowledge within C/C++
- Knowledge of virtualization
- Have experience of developing applications on Windows, iOS or Android platforms
- Speak more languages than those required above
- Have experience with other cultures
- Have interests besides work, such as sports, sports leader, music, horseback riding, singing or flying (if you happen to have pilot’s license, you can fly to our customers in our own Sectra airplane) or anything else that makes you stand out from the crowd
Please make sure to attach your CV, cover letter, and grades from both university and gymnasium/upper-secondary school in your application.
Our goal is to start interviews in February and for the right candidate to start this position as soon as possible.