Want to work with state-of-the-art technology and help future doctors benefit from world-leading visualization tools to better understand the human body and how to diagnose and treat patients? Want to work in a start-up environment with the safety of an established top-quality company?
We are hiring a Software Architect and a Senior Developer to our agile development team in one of Sectra’s newest and fastest growing business lines – Sectra Medical Education and Clinical Training.
At Sectra, we believe that technology can help people and benefit society. We go the extra mile for our customers and continuously contribute to pioneering new technologies and solutions. We simply think high-tech is fun! We value improvement and innovation and each individual has the opportunity to put their skills to real use, to take own initiatives, challenge ourselves, make a positive difference in society and grow together with talented and ambitious colleagues.
Use your passion and expertise to further develop Sectra Education Portal – an interactive learning and teaching cloud platform that uses advances scientific visualization of the human body and diseases from real patients to develop critical thinking in medical education and training.
In this position, you will:
- Lead,develop and promote principles/best practices for software development
- Stay up to date with trends in the software industry and monitor new tools and platforms
- Make future-proof decisions on the design and technology used for our product as a whole
- Provide technical input for business and product strategy
- As a team, develop and be responsible for the design, implementation, quality and deployment of new features in Education Portal
- Integrate third-party software
- Collaborate with other development teams in Sectra
- Evolve our way of working – we can always make things better!
What’s in it for me?
Our developers get to see our products in action at various medical institutions and universities. You will have the freedom to explore your own ideas. Every six weeks, a two-day “RAD Friday” is arranged during which you get the opportunity to work on your own ideas, and the results of this work often make it into our products.
You will also:
- Work in an international environment with the opportunity to work in, or with, other countries and cultures. The team consist of colleagues from Sweden, USA, Mexico, Columbia, Russia, France, Netherlands, Italy and China.
- Be part of learning journey – we have a continuous drive to learn and excel
At Sectra, we hire people for who they are and for their willingness and ability to learn. We expect you to be good at your job, but also to have a sense of humor when appropriate (life is too short not to have fun). If you are a fast learner and the right person for the job, we will have no problems teaching you what you need to know.
For this position, the following requirements apply:
- More than five years experience designing and implementing software applications
- Have experience with cloud platforms and services and API design
- Have experience with DevOps – building and deploying scalable web-based software solutions
- You just love to develop, learn new technology and code
- Enjoy working with several different products/areas and can easily adapt
- Interest in and ability to work with international customers
Most of all, we are looking for an open, passionate person who shares our values, is a true team player and will enjoy working with us at Sectra.
In addition, we consider it an asset if you also have any of the following:
- Have experience in a lead design or architectural capacity
- Have experience with computer graphics / scientific visualization
- Worked with SQL, TypeScript, Git, NPM and/or React
- Speak more languages than English
- Have interests besides school/work, such as sports, sports leader, music, horseback riding, singing or flying (if you happen to have pilot’s license, you can fly to our customers in our own Sectra airplane) or anything else that makes you stand out from the crowd
Please make sure to attach your CV, cover letter and grades from college/university in your application.
Submit your application as soon as possible as we review applications on an ongoing basis. Our goal is for the right candidate to start this position as soon as possible.
Contact Hiring Manager
If you have any questions about this job, don’t hesitate to contact:
Theresa Lindholm, Product Manager and Team Leader Development, Medical Education and Training
Phone: +46 (0)7224450888
Read more about working at Sectra
At Sectra we want to use our passion for technology to contribute to a better world. Sectra develops and sells IT systems and products for imaging management within healthcare. We also have core expertise in encryption technology. Sectra was founded in 1978 and has its roots in Linköping University in Sweden. Today, Sectra has offices in 13 countries worldwide.