Are you our new Software Engineer in Computer Vision?
Would you like to empower our next generation ADAS and autonomous driving systems?
Arriver™ is a new software unit and brand, fully focused on developing perception, fusion and drive policy software for the next generation cars. It will deliver an open, scalable and flexible architecture solution running on Qualcomm® Snapdragon Ride™ System on a Chip (SoC) platform. Arriver™ has 800 people in five countries – China, Germany, Romania, Sweden, USA – and builds on more than a decade of experience in active safety software development. The company is wholly owned by Qualcomm.
In Sweden we are situated in Linkoping, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Lund with around 400 colleagues.
We are Vision Perception
Our Perception Strategy is to develop new solutions for the next generation Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD) on a global market, and to be the leader in Perception and Driver Policy Software.
At our technical center based in Linköping, we are developing world class vision systems for several customers worldwide.
We offer a workplace where you contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology that aims to enhance road safety through collaborative driving and to facilitate autonomous driving.
We are now in an expansive phase and are looking for Senior Software Engineers in Computer Vision who can strengthen our Core organization for ongoing and upcoming collaborative driving projects.
We work in cross functional agile teams consisting of 5-8 members developing functions into our Perception Products. While each team member contributes with their own skills and experience, the team cooperates to perform the different steps in development. The teams are responsible for all steps in development, including system work, implementation, and verification.
Our teams innovate at the frontiers of engineering in computer vision calibration using technologies such as machine learning, tracking and 3D reconstruction.
There might be a possibility to work in our Pre Development team. If you are interested in working in this area, apply this job and you will get more information about the position when applied.
What you’ll do?
You will be part of our development of camera-based safety systems, accelerating the growth in Autonomous Driving.
We are looking for you who have long experience of Software Development, preferably in C which we use for development of our target code.
As deep learning and CNNs are becoming more and more important in our product, we are also looking for you who have practical experience in machine learning, preferably in deep learning frameworks. Our frameworks are developed in Python.
In your daily work, we work in 2- or 3-week intervals mixing Scrum and/or Kanban. You will be involved in several of the following tasks.
- Design, training and evaluation of our deep neural networks
- Development of our deep learning framework in python
- Requirements work on system and SW development
- Software development for target HW in C
- Software development tools in mainly python and C#
- Development of system and SW tests
- Algorithm development within the area of signal and image processing
You will also
- Interface with our customers
- Lead your own and the team´s work forward, by exploring new ideas and experiment for the benefit of the product, the team and yourself
- Influencing the product and your work by giving input to the product backlog and by selecting your team’s tasks for upcoming sprints
- Develop your and the organization’s expertise within a certain technical domain via Communities of Practice
You will be working together with specialists in a variety of technical domains to deliver our most central system functions such as Vehicle, Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection, Lane and Road Boundary Detection, Static objects, Traffic Sign and Traffic Light Detection.
What you’ll bring:
As a person we are looking for you who have a high motivation and a “can do”-attitude to strengthen our delivery in ongoing and upcoming collaborative driving projects.
To succeed in this position, we believe you have more than one of the following capabilities:
- A Master of Science in machine learning, image- or signal processing, computer science or equivalent area
- Machine learning experience
- Several years of experience of development in software industry
- Algorithm development experience within the area of signal and image processing, and its real-time hardware implementation
- Software and system level testing experience, preferably from embedded systems
- Software development experience with great interest in programming, preferably in C and Python
- Systems engineering experience
We also believe you have an analytical ability and high-quality awareness. As a person, you can lead your own work and the team forward.
You are fluent in English and preferably Swedish.
What we offer?
We offer a workplace where you contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology that aims to enhance road safety.
We work in an agile framework inspired by LESS, and our teams are organized in Requirement Areas for different functional domains. We are now hiring in several Requirement Areas developing functions like
- Vehicle, Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Worldwide Traffic Sign and Traffic Light Detection
- Lane Detection and Road Boundary
- Road Edge Detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keep Assist
- Traffic Light Detection
- Free Space Detection
We have the possibility to work when we are at our best with flexible hours and take care of our well-being with generous health and fitness reimbursements, access to an office gym and social activities including ‘fika’ and After Work.
With us you get inspiring and sharp colleagues who like what we do and have fun at work. You get the chance to work with something meaningful and at the same time develop yourself.
Our culture embodies respect, openness, and courage. We believe in realizing the full potential of individuals by working in teams consisting of different competences, experiences, and background.
We offer a workplace where you contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology. This, combined with the purpose of our products, aims to enhance road safety and facilitate autonomous driving.
- An important role in one of the most expansive technical fields
- An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
- A possibility to be challenged every day and to be a key person in our team
- A culture that embodies respect, openness, and courage
- A workplace with a passion for delivering on customer promises and excellence in our way of working
- A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world
Arriver appreciates the value that comes with diverse teams and strives for a good balance between both gender and age as well as ethnicity and cultural diversity.
Last application date: 2022-05-23, continuous selection.
Employment condition: Permanent, full time
Starting date: According to agreement
Contact information: If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact one of our Hiring Managers; Magnus Jomander, firstname.lastname@example.org, Anna Jacobsson, email@example.com, or Stefan Furenbäck, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union representative: We have collective agreements with Sveriges Ingenjörer and Unionen. Our labor unions representatives can be contacted at 0322 – 30 94 00.