Axis Linköping is growing at a fast pace and will during the spring start up a new team, focused on developing features and applications within the web video domain.
Being among the first team members in, you will both have the opportunity and the expectation to greatly influence how this team will operate.
Who is your future team?
At Axis in Linköping, we work in small teams where all team members share and collaborate on all the tasks of a software team. In order to facilitate this, we are believers in methods that encourage that you are never alone when coding or performing other tasks. Examples of methods used today are mob- and pair programming.
Quality is important to us. Caring about how to test software in an effective and efficient way is a key part in our work. But above all we care about our customer’s experience. Axis’ products are high-end products, and the customer must feel that.
The new team will be responsible for the use case web video playback, for both Axis’ video management softwares, Axis Camera station on premise and the cloud solution Axis Companion. This will include end-to-end responsibility for a vertical, where the team will own some of the included components and others are owned by other teams.
What you’ll do here as a Senior Software Developer
Your main tasks as part of this team will be to:
- Develop features and applications in the video streaming domain
- Take an active part in designing the architecture of the solution
- Participate as a dedicated team member in everyday teamwork – programming in mob or pair
- Be a driving force in forming a brand-new team and establish a great way to work
- Setup close collaboration with our sister teams in Linköping and Lund and communicate with them and other stakeholders
- Together with other colleagues drive continuous improvement of our development methodology including test
- Engage in growing our site and spreading positive energy at the workplace
What we’d love to see from you
Besides having a big personal interest in software development and really enjoy spreading your knowledge, we love to see that you have/are:
- Engineering bachelor’s or master’s degree of relevant kind
- Work experience in the video streaming domain, including solid knowledge of codecs, container formats etc.
- Interest in software development and quality assurance in a broad range of technologies and deployment environments
- Previous solid experience in C++
- Working knowledge of test automation, CI/CD
- Service minded and find it easy to communicate and interact with other people
- Curious to learn and searching for ways to improve how we work
- Curious about new technology and bonus points if you are already familiar with cloud deployed products, GStreamer, Go, C#, TypeScript, React and HTML
- A dedicated team player!
What Axis have to offer:
At Axis in Linköping we work according to methods and principles established in software development in recent years, such as Lean, DevOps and agile variants. This involves constant learning and searching for ways to improve how we work.
Axis is a company that realize the benefits of a diverse workforce. We know that diversity in groups creates a better working environment and promotes creativity, something that is fundamental for our success.
You will be part of a team with curious and skilled colleagues and a site aiming to deliver outstanding solutions for a smarter, safer world. We recently moved into our newly built office in Ebbepark and are so proud of our great working environment, supporting teamwork and modern ways of working. Beyond offering the prerequisites for growth and innovation, the new office also encourages having a lot of fun at work! Do you want to join us?
Ready to Act?
Find out more from our recruiting manager Sofia Raismaa at +46 (0)72-245 19 70 or HR Business Partner Pernille Törnquist, +46 (0)72-185 18 05.
About Axis Communications
Through continual innovation, we’ve been the industry leader in network video since our journey began in 1984. Today, we offer forward-thinking products and services for video surveillance and analytics, access control, intercom, and audio systems.
We thrive in our friendly, open, and collaborative culture and enthusiastically embrace new perspectives. United by our commitment to inclusion, sustainability, and equality, we consistently seek to develop our diverse work environment and our role in society. With about 4000 committed employees in over 50 countries, we collaborate with partners worldwide to provide innovative customer solutions that empower people across the planet to unlock hidden potential.
Let´s create a smarter, safer world
For more information about Axis, please visit our website www.axis.com.
Listen to Get To Know Axis – Podcast