Are you our new colleague working on Perception Pre-Development?
Arriver™ is a new software unit and brand, fully focused on developing perception, fusion and drive policy software for the next generation cars. It will deliver an open, scalable and flexible architecture solution running on Qualcomm® Snapdragon Ride™ System on a Chip (SoC) platform. Arriver™ has 800 people in five countries – China, Germany, Romania, Sweden, USA – and builds on more than a decade of experience in active safety software development. The company is wholly owned by Qualcomm.
In Sweden we are situated in Linkoping, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Lund with around 400 colleagues.
We are Perception
Our Perception Strategy is to develop new solutions for the next generation Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Driving (AD) on a global market, and to be the leader in Perception and Driver Policy Software.
At our technical center based in Linköping, we are developing world class vision systems for several customers worldwide.
We offer a workplace where you contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology that aims to enhance road safety through collaborative driving and to facilitate autonomous driving.
We are now in an expansive phase and are looking for Senior Machine Learning Engineers in the Computer Vision domain who can strengthen our Perception Pre-Development department.
The Perception Pre-Development department has focus on concept development including prototyping and demonstrators, technology roadmap for next generation products, technology scouting, and other important topics defining the future of ADAS/AD.
In Pre-Development we work in cross-functional constellations with experts from different areas and disciplines to combine very skilled individuals into strong teams. Constellations are dynamic and changes with the different concepts under development. Timelines are often short due to tough competition in the automotive space, but we love to compete and we love to win.
What you’ll do?
You will be working in the Perception Pre-Development department together with specialists in a variety of technical domains in order to help deliver next generation perception software stacks and perception systems.
Our software stacks are central in the ADAS/AD system in the vehicle, delivering perception functions like Vehicle, Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection, Lane and Road Boundary Detection, Freespace and Hazard detection, Traffic Sign and Traffic Light Detection, and lots more. On top of this, new concepts are continuously being developed and demonstrated to ensure we are market leaders in the field to attract new and incumbent customers.
With us you get inspiring and outstanding colleagues who like what we do and have fun at work. You have the possibility to work when you are at our best with flexible hours in agreement with your colleagues and manager. You get the chance to work with something meaningful and at the same time develop yourself.
We work in sprints during which you could work in the following areas:
• Explore latest machine learning research trends and evaluate methods for our products
• Identify new ways to extract relevant data from our large database
• Evolve our methods and tool chains for machine learning
• Evaluate architectural/algorithmic solutions, when to use machine learning vs classic computer vision
• Develop new computer vision features
• Deploy new concepts on target for in-vehicle demo and evaluation purposes
• Participate in the development of fusion algorithms on different levels
• Develop product requirements for the next generation perception system
• Understand capabilities of different SoC accelerators to select the best system approach
The Perception Pre-Development department has both short and long term scope to address challenges in ongoing product development and to explore solutions for the next generation perception stacks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 1+ year of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
What you’ll bring:
As a person we are looking for you who have a high motivation and a “can do”-attitude to strengthen our position in vision perception.
To succeed in this position, we think you have:
• At minimum a Master of Science in Computer science, Artificial Intelligence or equivalent area.
o Many of your future colleagues hold a Ph.D.
• Strong competence in any of the following areas:
o Machine learning
o Computer Vision
• Practical experience of machine learning development in relevant fields, from the industry or University research. Automotive experience is beneficial for the position.
• Great interest and curiosity in Machine learning and Algorithm development
• Outstanding knowledge in languages and tools for Machine Learning development, preferably TensorFlow, PyTorch, Python and C/C++ .
• Co-ordination and communication skills with special focus on communication with remote global teams
You are fluent in English.
What we offer?
• We offer a workplace where you contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology that aims to enhance road safety. In more detail, we offer An important role in one of the most expansive technical fields; Autonomous driving
• An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
• A culture that embodies respect, openness and courage
• A workplace with a passion for delivering on customer promises and excellence in our way of working
• A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world
We have the possibility to work when we are at our best with flexible hours, hybrid working environment and take care of our well-being with generous health and fitness reimbursements, access to an office gym and social activities including ‘fika’ and After Work.
Arriver appreciate the value that comes with diverse teams, and strive for a good balance between both gender and age as well as ethnicity and cultural diversity.
Location: Linköping, Stockholm
Last application date: 2022-10-26
Employment condition: Permanent, full time
Starting date: According to agreement
Contact information: If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact one of our Hiring Managers: Stefan Lilliehjort, email@example.com or Thomas Svantesson, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Jonas Hammarström (Director Perception Pre Development) email@example.com
Union representative: We have collective agreements with Sveriges Ingenjörer and Unionen. Our labor unions representatives can be contacted at 0322 – 30 94 00.