Are you our new Optical System Expert?
Arriver™ is a new software unit and brand, fully focused on developing perception, fusion and drive policy software for the next generation cars. It will deliver an open, scalable and flexible architecture solution running on Qualcomm® Snapdragon Ride™ System on a Chip (SoC) platform. Arriver™ has 800 people in five countries – China, Germany, Romania, Sweden, USA – and builds on more than a decade of experience in active safety software development.
In Sweden we are situated in Linkoping, Stockholm and Gothenburg with around 400 colleagues.
Arriver Vision Perception Pre-Development department has focus on concept development, technology roadmap for next generation products, technology scouting, demonstrations and prototyping of new concepts, etc.
In Pre-Development we work in cross-functional constellations with experts from different areas and disciplines to combine very skilled individuals into strong teams. Constellations are dynamic and changes with the different concepts under development.
What you’ll do?
You will be working in the Vision Pre-Development department together with specialists in a variety of technical domains in order to deliver next generation Vision Perception software stacks and enable suppliers and customers to develop camera systems to support our software.
Our software stacks are central in the ADAS/AD system in the vehicle, delivering functions like Vehicle, Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection, Lane and Road Boundary Detection, and Traffic Sign and Traffic Light Detection.
With us you get inspiring and sharp colleagues who like what we do and have fun at work. You have the possibility to work when you are at our best with flexible hours in agreement with your colleagues and manager. We take care of our well-being with generous health and fitness reimbursements. You get the chance to work with something meaningful and at the same time develop yourself.
We work in sprints during which you could work in the following areas:
- Imager sensor control and performance evaluations, qualification and definition, including imager supplier contacts
- Optics evaluations, qualification and definition, including lens supplier contacts
- Camera module requirement definition, including camera manufacturer contacts and evaluation of supplier samples
- Vehicle installation guidelines for the camera system, including evaluations on optical path due to e.g. light trap, windscreen, black print
- ISP definition and evaluations, including contacts with ISP designers (typically at Qualcomm)
- Image pre-processing algorithms for computer vision and human vision applications
- Camera calibration concepts
- Cooperation with Perception Core teams within above areas for hand-over or expert support
- Develop your and the organization’s expertise within a certain technical domain via Communities of Practice
- Technical leader in the optical system area
What you’ll bring:
To succeed in this position, we think you have:
- A Master of Science in Image- or signal processing, Electrical Engineering, Computer science, Optical System Engineering or equivalent area.
- Strong competence in any of the following areas:
- Sensor hardware, preferable image sensors, optics, ISP and how they affect image quality.
- Test and evaluation of optical systems
- Image pre-processing and calibration algorithms
- Good knowledge in the following areas:
- Software development and programming, preferably in C, Python and Matlab.
You are fluent in English. Driving license is a merit.
What we offer?
- An important role in one of the most expansive technical fields; Autonomous driving
- An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
- A culture that embodies respect, openness and courage
- A workplace with a passion for delivering on customer promises and excellence in our way of working
- A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world
Arriver appreciate the value that comes with diverse teams, and strive for a good balance between both gender and age as well as ethnicity and cultural diversity.
Location: Linköping, Stockholm
Last application date: 2022-01-31, recruitment will also be made continuously, so do not wait to apply.
Employment condition: Permanent, full time
Starting date: According to agreement
Contact information: If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Jan Ulander, Hiring Manager, email@example.com or Jonas Hammarström (Director Vision Pre Development), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union representative: We have collective agreements with Sveriges Ingenjörer and Unionen. Our labor unions representatives can be contacted at 0322 – 30 94 00.