Are you our new Optical System Engineer?
Arriver™ is a new software unit and brand, fully focused on developing perception, fusion and drive policy software for the next generation cars. It will deliver an open, scalable and flexible architecture solution running on Qualcomm® Snapdragon Ride™ System on a Chip (SoC) platform. Arriver™ has 800 people in five countries – China, Germany, Romania, Sweden, USA – and builds on more than a decade of experience in active safety software development.
In Sweden we are situated in Linkoping, Stockholm and Gothenburg with around 400 colleagues.
We work in agile teams consisting of 5-8 members developing features into our Vision Products. While each team member contributes with their own skills and experience, the team cooperates to perform the different steps in development.
What you’ll do?
You will be working together with specialists in variety of technical domains in order to deliver next generation Vision Perception software stacks and enable suppliers and customers to develop camera systems to support our software.
Our software stacks are central in the ADAS/AD system in the vehicle, delivering functions like Vehicle, Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection, Lane and Road Boundary Detection, and Traffic Sign and Traffic Light Detection.
With us you get inspiring and sharp colleagues who like what we do and have fun at work. Each team have the possibility to work when we are at our best with flexible hours and remote or in its own team room. We take care of our well-being with generous health and fitness reimbursements. You get the chance to work with something meaningful and at the same time develop yourself.
What we expect you to do within your team:
- Imager sensor control and performance evaluations, qualification and definition
- Optimize the optical system to enable world class computer vision functions including definition, evaluations, qualification
- Camera module requirement definition and evaluation
- Camera calibration concepts
- Algorithm development within the area of image processing
- Software development for target HW in C and for development tools in mainly Python, Matlab and C#
- Lead your own and the teams work forward, by exploring new ideas and experiment for the benefit of the product, the team and yourself
- Influencing the product and your work by giving input to the product backlog and your team’s tasks
- Develop your and the organization’s expertise within a certain technical domain via Communities of Practice
What you’ll bring:
To succeed in this team, we think you have:
- A Master of Science in Image- or signal processing, Electrical Engineering, Computer science or equivalent area.
- Strong competence in any of the following areas:
- Experience working with requirement, test and evaluation for optical systems.
- Experience in sensor hardware, preferable image sensors and how they affect image quality.
- Software development and great interest in programming, preferably in C, Python and Matlab.
- Evaluating algorithms performance from large amount of data, making conclusions and present the results in a clear way able to take decisions on way forward.
You are fluent in English.
What we offer?
- An important role in one of the most expansive technical fields; Autonomous driving
- An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
- A culture that embodies respect, openness and courage
- A workplace with a passion for delivering on customer promises and excellence in our way of working
- A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world
Arriver appreciate the value that comes with diverse teams, and strive for a good balance between both gender and age as well as ethnicity and cultural diversity.
Location: Stockholm or Linköping
Last application date: 2022-03-31, recruitment will also be made continuously, so do not wait to apply.
Employment condition: Permanent, full time
Starting date: According to agreement
Contact information: If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Mehdi Amirijoo, email@example.com or Clara Almstedt firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union representative: We have collective agreements with Sveriges Ingenjörer and Unionen. Our labor unions representatives can be contacted at 0322 – 30 94 00.