Do you want to be part of shaping the future in industrial automation? At Emerson we drive innovation that makes the world safer, and more sustainable. As world leader in high technology level solutions we help our customers to make the right decisions, be smarter and solve their most difficult challenges.
For our Microwave and Electronics group within the Engineering department we are now looking for an Microwave Design Engineer to work with measurements, signal processing as well as passive and active system components for the radar sensors. If you are interested in how to integrate high tech to a system that give our customers the world’s best performance and reliability, then this is the position for you!
At our Innovation Centre in Sweden, you will find the opportunity to develop your skills and pursue your interests in RF circuits, antenna design and sensor integration, as well as in communication for wireless solutions. In summary; you will be an Microwave Design Engineer with innovative drive for sensor integration and system infrastructure in a world of 5G and IoT…
What You Will Do
The products are using TDR and FMCW RADAR technology, operating in different microwave frequency bands and wireless protocols like Bluetooth. As a Microwave Design Engineer you will:
- design, implement, maintain and improve our passive and/or active microwave solutions, radar front-ends, wave guide structures, antennas and components for industrial instrumentation.
- participate in all phases of the development process: from generating ideas, thru proof-of-concept, planning, designing and testing, all the way to production ramp-up.
- Improve and develop our design methods and work procedures.
- Give support and be the expertise to other groups and departments on microwave and radar system subjects. This also includes innovation assessment as well as collaboration with industry partners, measurement institutes and academia.
Who You Are
The group Electrical and Microwave Engineering encompasses all electrical on electronics aspects of engineering and development. From passive microwave structures such as antennas and waveguides, through front-end modules, signal processing hardware on microcontroller boards, power supplies and communication interfaces, wired and wireless. The team is involved in the whole development process and requires a lot of co-ordination with other groups and departments. To succeed in this role you need to:
- have graduated from University with a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with focus on designing high frequency circuits, systems and electromagnetic physics.
- have working experience in a design or product development position in microwave electronics or radar implementation. It is a requirement that you have experience in simulating, creating and maintaining wiring diagrams, schematics and layouts for PCBs and familiarity in using Microwave Office or HFSS. Further more experience and skill to set-up and perform lab measurements for RF circuits and systems based on specifications and standards.
- be fluent in English, both written and spoken, since our business environment is international. Communication skills in Swedish is a merit.
- have a technical interest and efficiently plan and prioritize your work. You have good interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a team.
The location for this position is in Linköping with the possibility to work from home up to two days per week.
If you have any questions or want to know more about us, please contact Niklas Penndal, Manager Electrical & Microwave Engineer, phone +46 70 847 59 69.
Welcome with your application no later than August 28th 2022, but please note we follow a process of continuous selection and will close the vacancy when we find the right candidate.
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we only accept applications through our career site.
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy.
Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your master’s degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!