Are you our new Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer?
Arriver™ is a new software unit and brand, fully focused on developing perception, fusion and drive policy software for the next generation cars. It will deliver an open, scalable and flexible architecture solution running on Qualcomm® Snapdragon Ride™ System on a Chip (SoC) platform. Arriver™ has 800 people in five countries – China, Germany, Romania, Sweden, USA – and builds on more than a decade of experience in active safety software development. The company is wholly owned by Veoneer.
In Sweden we are situated in Linkoping, Stockholm and Gothenburg with around 400 colleagues.
We are Vision Perception
At our technical center based in Linköping we are developing world class vision perception systems for customers worldwide. As a site, we work closely together to design, develop, and deliver an integrated, customized SoC and software stack platform to global automakers and Tier-1 suppliers.
We offer a workplace where you contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology that aims to enhance road safety through collaborative driving and to facilitate autonomous driving.
We are now in an expansive phase and are starting up a collaboration with Qualcomm. We are looking for a Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer who can strengthen us.
What You Will Do
As a ML Infrastructure Engineer your main task is to ensure smooth daily operations, development and maintenance of the Machine Learning Infrastructure used for computational tasks required by the Machine Learning developing teams.
You will be part of the Infrastructure Development and Operations (IDO) group. The highest priority of IDO group is to support the Machine Learning Developers whenever assistance is needed with any question related to the Machine Learning Infrastructure. The overall goal for the IDO group is to provide a stable, safe and uniformly configured infrastructure along with an as efficient and fair use of the Machine Learning computation cluster as possible.
- Be working with a server park consisting of Linux, coding in languages such as Python. We also use tools as Grafana, Puppet, Slurm, Foreman, Prometheus, Jenkins, Docker as well as Bash scripting.
- Configure Linux systems and the Linux kernel for computational jobs or performance-critical loads.
- Be able to instrument Linux programs and systems to be able to point the developer of the program in the right direction with or without access to the source code when he/she has performance problems.
- Lead the development of our puppet code base as well as lead the development of the use of our Slurm scheduler.
What you’ll bring:
You will bring development knowledge, understanding of how to operate servers and also thoughts on DevOps.
To succeed in this position, we think you have:
- A Bachelor or Master of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent area.
- Professional experience as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). You can instrument Linux programs and systems to be able to point the developer of the program in the right direction with or without access to the source code when he/she has performance problems.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) experience. You can configure Linux systems and the Linux kernel for computational jobs or performance-critical loads.
- Puppet knowledge. You can lead the development of our puppet code base.
- Slurm knowledge. You can lead the development of the use of our Slurm scheduler.
- Python proficiency.
It is meriting if you have knowledge in Foreman, Prometheus, Jenkins, Grafana, Bash scripting and Docker.
Additionally, the following will be of importance:
- Strong communication skills and a service minded approach.
- Enjoy being at the cutting edge in a technical field where there are not yet any standardized solutions available.
- Ability to think in terms of future scalability.
We think you are curious and have high motivation and a positive “can do”-attitude.
You are fluent in English and preferably Swedish.
What we offer?
- An important role in one of the most expansive technical fields; Autonomous driving
- An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
- A culture that embodies respect, openness and courage
- A workplace with a passion for delivering on customer promises and excellence in our way of working
- A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world
Arriver appreciate the value that comes with diverse teams, and strive for a good balance between both gender and age as well as ethnicity and cultural diversity.
Are you ready to Create Trust in Mobility? Apply already today, we are working with continuous selection on this position.
Last application date: 2022-01-07, continuous selection.
Employment condition: Permanent, full time
Starting date: According to agreement
Contact information: Lars-Göran Gros, phone: 0730-43 56 86, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Johan Moe, phone: 0731-43 15 67, email: email@example.com.
Union representative: We have collective agreements with Sveriges Ingenjörer and Unionen. Our labor unions representatives can be contacted at 0322 – 30 94 00.