We have an excellent opportunity for an HR Specialist at MediaTek’s office at the Mjadevi Science Park in Linköping, Sweden. The primary focus of this varied, interesting role is to provide valuable HR support to our dedicated engineering team in Linköping, and to the wider HR team at our other EU sites. This is an ongoing temporary position starting asap, which offers the right candidate scope to really make this role their own and work as part of a fantastic and highly dedicated HR team.
Linkoping Office: 60%
- Managing agreements with external vendors, including the landlord, cleaners etc., including reviewing these regularly to ensure that we are getting a good level of service and a competitive price.
- Acting as a first point of contact for all external queries and visitors to the Swedish office.
- Taking care of ingoing and outgoing post and shipping administration, including logging incoming and outgoing shipments and handling any customs-related issues.
- Being responsible for Sweden office/facilities, including ordering and maintaining kitchen and office supplies, carrying out daily checks of meeting rooms and communal areas and resolving any facilities related issues.
- Invoice handling.
Payroll and local benefits
- Preparing materials for monthly payrolls and bi-yearly bonuses
- First point of contact for outsourced payroll provider
- Supporting employees on any enquiries that they have.
- Managing on-boarding, including issuing new starter contracts and organizing the Day One induction and managing the local leaver process.
- Implement employer branding/campus hiring/interview activity under EU talent acquisition planning.
Local first point of contact for managers and employees
- Creating rapport for local managers and employees and support them in all HR and Admin related topics on-site.
Local HR compliance under HR manager’s supervision
- Ensuring that Swedish employment laws are followed and introduce any changes in legislation
- Updating MSE HR policies and handbooks, ensuring that all HR documentation is clear and up to date.
- Ensuring local H&S requirement is met.
EU sites: 40%
- Responsible for the implementation of GDPR policies across EU sites, including:
- Facilitating the yearly GDPR audit process within the HR team
- Updating training materials
- Updating policy/process documents when necessary
- Training managers regularly to remind them of their GDPR responsibility
- Have excellent communication skills, including fluency in English and Swedish (both written and verbal skills are essential)
- Have excellent levels of accuracy and strong attention to detail are essential
- Be highly self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised
- Have the ability to present data clearly and logically
- Be a confident user of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel
- Have strong numerical ability
- Have the ability to think through problems and obstacles to a logical conclusion
- Be able to multi-task without compromising quality
- Have a flexible approach – be willing and keen to take on new tasks
MediaTek and You
MediaTek is the world’s 4th largest global fabless semiconductor company, leading the market in chipset technology. We enable more than 2 billion consumer electronic products a year including Smart TVs, Voice Assistant Devices (VAD), Android tablets, feature phones, Optical and Blu-ray DVD players, and we’re number one globally in mobile phones.
MediaTek looks for people with a great passion and work ethic, who have a broad set of skills and are ready to positively impact the company. We pride ourselves on having an accomplished and successful global collaborative team culture and a competitive compensation package. We know that each person makes important contributions, and that they are integral to our success.