A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join MediaTek as a HR & Admin Assistant at our office in Linköping, Sweden. The focus of this varied, interesting role is to provide first-class office administrative support to our Linköping office, and support the Europe HR team with a particular focus on HR administration for both our Swedish and Finnish offices, and training co-ordination activities across Europe.
- Contacting external training resources according to European Training Roadmap, training arrangements and coordination for Europe.
- Preparing payroll documentation for outsourced payroll provider, incl. time-off applications, sick leaves, etc.
- Assisting with budgeting for local HR & Admin costs.
- Managing local onboarding, including issuing new starter contracts and organizing the Day One induction and managing the local leaver process.
- Supporting HR policy and handbook reviews, ensuring that all HR documentation is clear and up to date.
- Working on Sweden employee wellbeing related topics and initiate suggestions for new activities.
- Running the local social committee, and organizing social and charitable events.
- Submitting Sweden and Finland invoices for approval and payment in a timely way to ensure all invoices are paid on time. Following up with accounts payable for payment accuracy.
- Managing agreements with external vendors, including the landlord, cleaners etc., including reviewing these regular to ensure that we are getting a good level of service and a competitive price.
- Acting as a first point of contact for all external queries and visitors to the Sweden office, including welcoming visitors and managing any local taxis/supporting with hotel bookings where required.
- Answering and forwarding mainline telephone calls.
- Taking care of ingoing and outgoing post and shipping administration, including logging incoming and outgoing shipments and handling any customs-related issues.
- Being responsible for Sweden office/facilities, including: ordering and maintaining kitchen and office supplies, carrying out daily checks of meeting rooms and communal areas and resolving any facilities related issues.
- Assisting with other Sweden or Finland HR or facilities related projects and ad hoc requests as required.
- Effective at multi-tasking, without compromising on quality
- Positive, proactive and independent approach
- Approachable and keen to support employees
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues, managers and external partners
- Highly motivated with a flexible and driven approach
- Willing to go the extra mile when required
- Keen to continuously improve ways of working
- Results driven with a strong bias for action
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a similar role, training coordination experience is an asset
- Fluent Swedish and English skills, Finnish skills advantage but not mandatory
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience of dealing with individuals across all seniority levels, with the ability to handle potentially challenging situations confidently and effectively
- Ability to solve problems quickly and effectively, sometimes under pressure
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and SharePoint