We are looking for a Go developer to join our new Cryptocurrency team. Opera is the first major browser to natively integrate a crypto wallet. As a Go developer in our team, you will be on the cutting edge of building the “web 3” and help make Bitcoin and Ethereum first class citizens of the modern internet.
You will be a part of a small, focused and supportive team with developers, QA:s and business developers. We use Lean principles for day to day work and best technical practices. We work hard together to reach our goals and make the blockchain available for more people. We also understand that work life balance is important to be able to perform and offer flexible working hours.
Role and responsibilities:
- Support and develop new features for the backend.
- Work on building on top of the Go-Ethereum node.
- Creating automated (unit & API) tests for code you write.
- Take part in overall design & architecture discussions.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience with Go and features of the language (goroutines, channels, etc).
- Strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of web systems and protocols.
- Understanding of how to use a performance profiler and memory allocations.
- Software development skills, such as architecture design, reusable code, optimization for speed and scalability, and integration of front-end/back-end aspects of web applications.
- Good understanding of version control systems like git.
- Understanding of CI and CD principles.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Understanding of distributed systems.
An ideal candidate has:
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum.
- Understanding containerization like Docker.
- Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large scale web applications.
- An opportunity to experience the thrill and challenges of working in an international internet company with a huge global user base.
- A flat org structure and friendly atmosphere where we learn and grow together.
- A place in the team that works on the most cutting edge technologies.
- A flexible work environment.
- Great company benefits.
Please attach a cover letter and your resume and apply now. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Opera is a global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base in order to expand its business into new segments. Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, and apps dedicated to gaming, fintech, e-commerce and classifieds.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries.Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.