Would you like to be a part of our journey to create a world unique “Globe in 3D” based on satellite imagery? Would you like to work in a global organization with highly competent colleagues? Are you a curious, dedicated Geospatial Analyst who want to work with cutting edge technology? This might be the position for you!
Maxar is currently seeking a Geospatial Analyst to join our R&D center in Linköping, Sweden.
Life with us
Maxar is a large corporation with the feel of a small company. We invest in creating an environment where all employees can grow, learn and have fun together. We believe in timely, transparent communication, and short decision paths. We know decisions are best made by the people closest to the tasks, and you will have a chance to influence and take on responsibility. To create our solutions, we have a close cooperation with our US based colleagues.
Our visualization platform offers unique 3D geodata with the world’s highest quality based on commercial satellite images. Our 3D analyses and data models offer decision makers all over the world a very accurate 3D basis for use in areas such as security, defense, and infrastructure.
What you’ll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
- Contribute to Maxar mission projects and customer orders using Maxar software
- Produce 3D maps of areas of interest based on project requirements
- Perform quality control in a 3D environment
- Provide feedback to technicians and analysts to ensure consistent quality
The analyst utilizes Maxar Builder software to create 3D solutions from multiple aerial or satellite images. The role is focused on maintaining the level of quality in the delivery to our customers while also ensuring consistency in accordance with the Maxar Product Specification. Analysts also ensure consistency of product through written and verbal feedback to fellow technicians and analysts. This includes generating, reviewing, editing, and delivering the software’s outputs.
Who you are
We believe that you are a driven team player with good communications skills but are at the same time able to work independently. You possess the ability of critical thinking and are good at solving problems in your everyday work. You understand the importance of being able to change plans and priorities when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree +2 years of experience in a similar position in the geospatial industry
- Fundamental knowledge of GIS software (e.g., ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, QT Viewer/Modeler)
- Fundamental knowledge of mapping or navigation applications (e.g., different coordinate systems, projections, GPS)
- Fundamental knowledge of Linux platforms
- Demonstrated fluency in English, both oral and written
- Experience with project tracking software (e.g., Jira, enterprise level ticketing)
This position involves work with classified information whereby you are required to complete and be approved in a security check by a Swedish authority.
If you have questions about the position or recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com