Join the Rock & Roll Scientists at Softube in Linköping, Sweden and help us craft and tell the Softube story! Softube is a dynamic, fast growing company on a mission–to find the best way to make music with a computer, using our scientific wizardry and our love for music. We are looking for an Embedded Software Developer that is thrilled by the idea of bringing new exciting hardware projects to life, both in terms of prototypes and mock-ups and mass production ready designs.
Position Details and Application
The position is full time, on-site at Softube headquarters in Linköping Sweden, and we would like to fill this position as soon as possible. EU citizen applicants are very welcome, many of our current employees are from other countries than Sweden, and English is spoken at the office. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Embedded Software Developer”. The email should include, or link to, your CV and cover letter. Applications are open. Selected applicants will be called to an interview. Those applicants will be contacted by email.
- Work in a small hardware team that turns hardware product ideas into prototypes and mass-produced products.
- Develop or oversee the development of hardware products, including:
- System level design of hardware
- Selecting toolchains and libraries for embedded development
- Embedded software development and debugging
- Test automation development for production testing and design verification testing
- Assisting OEM partners during pre-production and production
- Relevant degree
- At least 2 years of working experience
- Embedded software development(C/C++) and debugging
- Experience in high level scripting (Python, bash etc)
- English language, both in text and speech
- Circuit design
- PCB layout
- Soldering, including SMT
- Mechanical CAD, design and/or review
- Knowledge about PCB manufacturing and assembly
- Previous experience of hardware production
- Knowledge about embedded Linux and Yocto or openwrt
- Knowledge about RTOS
- Knowledge and experience in music production
- Knowledge and experience of the music software industry, plug-ins, DAWs
Softube was founded by Oscar Öberg in 2003 and consists today of over forty people, headquartered in Linköping, Sweden. Softube develops both hardware and software for musicians, producers, and engineers, often in partnership with big-brand partners such as Marshall, Universal Audio, and Solid State Logic, with an intense focus on sound quality.