Join the Rock ‘n Roll Scientists at Softube in Linköping, Sweden and help us craft and tell the Softube story! Softube is a dynamic, fast growing company on a mission–to find the best way to make music with a computer, using our scientific wizardry and our love for music. We are looking for an embedded system developer that is either a software developer with an interest in hardwaredevelopment, or a hardware developer with an interest in software development. A bonus qualification would also be a special interest or experience in mechanical design, but this is not mandatory.
Position Details and Application
The position is full-time, on-site at Softube headquarters in Linköping Sweden, and we would like tofill this position as soon as possible. EU citizen applicants are very welcome, many of our current employees are from other countries than Sweden, and English is spoken at the office. Women are underrepresented in the Softube team, so we would like to encourage female applicants.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Embedded Software and Hardware developer “. The email should include, or link to, your CV and cover letter. A selected number of applicants will be called to an interview, those applicants will be contacted by email.
- Work in a small hardware team that turns hardware product ideas into prototypes and mass-produced products.
- Work with software development, for example:
- Embedded software development and debugging.
- Test automation development for production testing and design verification testing.
- Work with hardware development, for example:
- Circuit design and PCB design.
- Design verification testing and regulatory testing.
- Assisting OEM partners during pre-production and production.
- Assisting Mechanical design partners.
- Relevant degree
- Some experience with Software development(C/C++) or Hardware development, and at least an interest in learning the other discipline. This experience can either come from relevant studies or from previous work experience.
- English language, both in text and speech
- Knowledge or a special interest in mechanical design.
- Knowledge about high level scripting (Python, bash etc).
- Knowledge about embedded Linux and Yocto or openwrt
- Knowledge about RTOS
- Knowledge and experience in music production
- Knowledge and experience of the music software industry, plug-ins, DAWs
Softube was founded by Oscar Öberg in 2003 and consists today of over forty people, headquartered in Linköping, Sweden.
Softube develops both hardware and software for musicians, producers, and engineers, often in partnership with big-brand partners such as Marshall, Universal Audio, and Solid State Logic, with an intense focus on sound quality.