Would you like to join a major internet company located just next door?
How would it be to really make an impact on the way people access the web? At Opera, the innovations you create are quickly implemented and delivered to our users. We have small independent teams who work fast to improve the internet experience of our 380 million users worldwide. We compete with the giants in Silicon Valley.
We’re currently looking for data scientists who want to work with our mobile browsers, help drive product and business decisions and to make our users even happier! You will work with systematic analysis, dashboards and ad hoc reports on a daily basis. Beyond systematic and well-defined tasks, you will also work in an exploratory fashion to help take our consumer products to the next level.
Role and responsibilities:
- Design and implement data processing pipelines.
- Build dashboards and reports.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets.
- Develop prediction models using machine learning and statistical methods.
- Create and perform tests, and analyze data for useful insights.
An ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience working as a data scientist or similar.
- Strong programming skills within both Python and SQL.
- Hands-on experience with different types of datasets and procedures (i.e. data extraction, cleaning, analysis and visualization).
- Familiarity with business intelligence solutions like Looker or similar.
- Experience in working with large datasets in cloud-based analytics platforms like BigQuery or similar.
- Good understanding of data science and machine learning technologies.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics or statistics.
Please attach a cover letter and your resume and apply now. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Opera is a global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base in order to expand its business into new segments. Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, and apps dedicated to gaming, fintech, e-commerce and classifieds.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries.Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.