We at NIRA believe in making roads safer by developing sophisticated software solutions for passenger cars. The RSI platform is a family of products with a common aim of improving the safety and the comfort of our roads. The main input is data from millions of cars carrying NIRAs proprietary sensor fusion algorithm and the output is a complete view of the state of the road surface. Since the applications are often used in a mission critical environment, the level of quality has to be very high. We are now looking for a passionate Cloud Developer to join us!
You will join an autonomous platform team with great space for individual initiatives using agile working principles. The team is focusing on developing and maintaining our backend platform that is the foundation for all RSI products. This involves everything from daily maintenance work to long-term strategies for evolving the platform for future needs. The platform is built with modern but proven technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, Kafka, Flink, ML, Scala and Python. It contains production pipelines supporting input from millions of vehicles as well as analytics frameworks, databases and user interfaces as examples.
What you will do
Your daily work will involve tasks such as:
- Develop and maintain infrastructure tools and processes such as CI/CD
- Develop common tools and frameworks such as map-matching, analytics and data processing.
- Evaluate and develop platform strategies including analysing the trade-off between own-built, open source and commercial alternatives.
- Monitor and supervise the infrastructure with the goal of achieving high reliability and act on alarms especially during serious operational disturbances where you will have a supervising role.
In 1-2 years, we believe you to be our internal backend expert.
Who are you
You enjoy working in a fast-paced growing market at the forefront of technology. As a person you are truly solution oriented – if there is information to be found, you’ll find it. Of course, you are also a real teammate. You listen, ask for help, support others, give feedback and interact with the team’s best in mind.
Besides this, you’ll need:
- PhD or MSc degree in computer science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-2 years’ work experience of cloud-based infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience in using CI/CD.
- Programming experience, preferably in at least one modern programming language
- Linux experience
Other qualities we appreciate:
- Experience of working in an agile manner
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Object oriented and functional programming
You are welcome to NIRA for who you are, no matter where you come from or what kind of mode of transportation you prefer. Our work on future services focus on all modes of transportation for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more diverse experience we have, the more brilliant we will be in charging towards a sustainable transportation system. The recruitment process will be on a continuous basis, which means that we might close the process before the set ending date. If this position is of interest – please do not wait to send us your application!
To find out more about our company and all the great aspects of being a part of NIRA, take a look at our Culture Book and visit our company website, LinkedIn and Facebook