Are you our new Area Product Owner?
Arriver™ is a new software unit and brand, fully focused on developing perception, fusion and drive policy software for the next generation cars. It will deliver an open, scalable and flexible architecture solution running on Qualcomm® Snapdragon Ride™ System on a Chip (SoC) platform. Arriver™ has 800 people in five countries – China, Germany, Romania, Sweden, USA – and builds on more than a decade of experience in active safety software development. The company is wholly owned by Veoneer.
In Sweden we are situated in Linkoping, Stockholm and Gothenburg with around 400 colleagues. We are developing our Vision software cross-functionally bases on agile principles.
Do you believe in deep-learning, looking at life from a new perspective, setting course for the horizon and trust in your dreams? Do you believe in autonomous vehicles and the benefits such products and technologies can bring? For us at Arriver it is all about trust! Trust in our employees, trust in collaboration, trust in people and the world around us. We have faith in our possibilities.
What you’ll do?
An Area Product Owner (APO) specializes in a Requirement Area (RA) and owns the product backlog for that RA. We are now searching for new APOs, and as such this is part of what you will do;
- Prioritization of the RA part of the Product Backlog, considering stakeholders, Return of Investment (ROI), quality, business risks etc. for the product.
- Steering of the development of the Requirement Area to achieve the product vision and be involved in:
- Direction & prioritization—deciding where to evolve to next, vision, evolution, innovation, and adopting technologies—long-term view
- Relationships and politics—keeping everyone happy (enough)
- Judging & predicting—markets and competitors
- Act as a bridge between developers and users/customers
- Working closely with the customers to get a deep understanding of the market and future needs
- Work closely with developers to get at deep understanding of the technologies and areas to improve and develop
- Accountable for delivery of content that enables the current customer projects to be successful and Arriver to win new business.
What you’ll bring:
To succeed in this position, we think you have the following knowledge and skills
- Knowledge about the domain and technology for Requirement Area to be able to
- Set the vision and roadmap
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand stakeholder needs (not only what they asking for but what they really need)
- Understand market trends and business realities
- Prioritize items based on business value and understand development cost/budget
- Strategic skills. To be able to set goals and develop strategic action plans for how to achieve the company goals for the Requirement Area.
- Negotiation and communication skills. The need to be able to compromise and negotiate content without being a “yes” person. Be able to say “no” if needed. Be able to communicate vision, roadmaps, benefits etc for items in the requirement area.
- Have integrity and be a trust builder. Building trust with the teams and stakeholders. Balance empathy for the team but also integrity to the product. Teams should not expect APO sign-off if the Definition of Done is not met.
- Knowledge and interest in agile and lean ways of working, a willingness to learn and to contribute to continuously improving the development system.
You need to be
- Have the ability to present a challenge that engage the best in people and brings them together around a shared sense of purpose.
- Have the ability to define the future challenges within the domain for the Requirement Area.
- Establish clear context and expectations for the RA development teams, ensuring that responsibility is taken and that results are delivered
- Establish and enforce a model for delegation and accountability such that the team understands their accountability and importance of delivering on time to the highest quality and following up deviations
- Have the courage and the capability to resolve conflicts and engage when things get difficult. Need to be collaborative and to mediate when conflicts arise.
- Effective in using management
- Cultivates the ability to quickly escalate items that need higher management attention to be resolved
You are fluent in English and preferably Swedish.
What we offer?
- An important role in one of the most expansive technical fields; Autonomous driving
- An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
- A culture that embodies respect, openness and courage
- A workplace with a passion for delivering on customer promises and excellence in our way of working
- A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world
Arriver appreciate the value that comes with diverse teams, and strive for a good balance between both gender and age as well as ethnicity and cultural diversity.
Are you ready to Create Trust in Mobility?
Last application date: 2021-08-31, continuous selection
Employment condition: Permanent, full time
Starting date: According to agreement
Contact information: If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Hiring Managers Fredrik Tjärnström, +46 766 201 542, firstname.lastname@example.org; Mehdi Amirijoo, +46 733 034 204, email@example.com or Annika Rantzer, +46 733 023 869, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union representative: We have collective agreements with Sveriges Ingenjörer and Unionen. Our labor unions representatives can be contacted at 0322 – 30 94 00.