Are you our new Image Optics Expert?
Arriver™ is a new software unit and brand, fully focused on developing perception, fusion and drive policy software for the next generation cars. It will deliver an open, scalable and flexible architecture solution running on Qualcomm® Snapdragon Ride™ System on a Chip (SoC) platform. Arriver™ has 800 people in five countries – China, Germany, Romania, Sweden, USA – and builds on more than a decade of experience in active safety software development. The company is wholly owned by Qualcomm.
In Sweden we are situated in Linkoping, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Lund with around 400 colleagues.
What you’ll do?
You will be working together with specialists in variety of technical domains in order to deliver next generation Vision Perception software stacks and enable suppliers and customers to develop camera systems to support our software.
Our software stacks are central in the ADAS/AD system in the vehicle, delivering functions like Vehicle, Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection, Lane and Road Boundary Detection, and Traffic Sign and Traffic Light Detection.
As optics expert in this team, your tasks and responsibilities can include:
- Specification of optical components (lenses,…) for camera systems in automotive applications
- Analysis, review and suggestion of improvements to optical component designs
- Investigation of root-causes and development of solutions to image quality issues found in camera systems
- Definition of image quality metrics as well as evaluation methodology for optical components and camera systems
- Design test methods and performing tests to evaluate optical components in both lab and real-world environments
- Participation in technical meetings with suppliers, customers and internal teams
What you’ll bring:
To succeed in this position, we think you have expert level knowledge in:
- Ph.D. or at least an M.Sc. in optics (physics), other relevant background.
- Extensive technical experience from optical design and test for camera systems
- Experience from optical design software such as Zemax
- Good English skills, spoken and written
It is an advantage if you have experience from
- Mechanical design with CAD software
- Software development, preferably in Matlab, C/C++, or Python
- Industrialization and production of optical components
- Contacts with optical component suppliers and quality questions
- Automotive industry or industries with similar safety regulations
What we offer?
- An important role in one of the most expansive technical fields; Autonomous driving
- An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
- A culture that embodies respect, openness and courage
- A workplace with a passion for delivering on customer promises and excellence in our way of working
- A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world
With us you get inspiring and sharp colleagues who like what we do and have fun at work. Each team have the possibility to work when we are at our best with flexible hours and remote or in its own team room. We take care of our well-being with generous health and fitness reimbursements. You get the chance to work with something meaningful and at the same time develop yourself.
Arriver appreciate the value that comes with diverse teams, and strive for a good balance between both gender and age as well as ethnicity and cultural diversity.
Location: Stockholm or Linköping
Last application date: 2022-06-01, recruitment will also be made continuously, so do not wait to apply.
Employment condition: Permanent, full time
Starting date: According to agreement
Contact information: If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Oscar Sverud, email@example.com
Union representative: We have collective agreements with Sveriges Ingenjörer and Unionen. Our labor unions representatives can be contacted at 0322 – 30 94 00