Are you our new Optical Systems Engineer?
Arriver™ is a new software unit and brand, fully focused on developing perception, fusion and drive policy software for the next generation cars. It will deliver an open, scalable and flexible architecture solution running on Qualcomm® Snapdragon Ride™ System on a Chip (SoC) platform. Arriver™ has 800 people in five countries – China, Germany, Romania, Sweden, USA – and builds on more than a decade of experience in active safety software development. The company is wholly owned by Qualcomm.
In Sweden we are situated in Linkoping, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Lund with around 400 colleagues.
What you’ll do?
You will be working together with specialists in variety of technical domains in order to deliver next generation Vision Perception software stacks and enable suppliers and customers to develop camera systems to support our software.
Our software stacks are central in the ADAS/AD system in the vehicle, delivering functions like Vehicle, Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection, Lane and Road Boundary Detection, and Traffic Sign and Traffic Light Detection.
We work in agile teams consisting of 5-8 members developing features into our Vision Products. While each team member contributes with their own skills and experience, the team cooperates to perform the different steps in development.
As an Optical Systems Engineer in this team, your tasks and responsibilities can include:
- Develop state-of-art test methods and test equipment to for camera systems and optical components in both an optics lab and in real-world environments
- Specify, build and assemble test systems (including fixtures, harnesses, climate chambers, optical targets and similar test setups)
- Develop and adapt communication and control HW/SW for camera systems in the measurement set-ups
- Program tests systems including analysis of data and implementing automation of tests
- Performing measurements on camera systems and related components
- Analyze data from tests and writing reports
- Participation in technical meetings with suppliers, customers and internal teams
- We also think that you have an organized mind and can take on a leading role as Lab Manager
What you’ll bring:
To succeed in this team, we think you have:
- An M.Sc. in electrical engineering, physics or other relevant experience
- Experience in developing measurement setups and control software
- Experience from image processing techniques for camera images
- Organizational skills to keep lab and equipment in order
- Good English skills, spoken and written
It is an advantage if you have experience from
- Characterization of optical properties of camera systems
- Hands-on work with camera related test systems such as
- Building fixtures, harnesses and other optomechanical systems
- Develop and adapt control of HW/SW for camera systems in measurement setups
- Software development experience in several languages such as Matlab, C++, Labview, Python
- Automotive industry or industries with similar safety regulations
- Managing a measurement lab, preferable with optics focus
What we offer
- An important role in one of the most expansive technical fields; Autonomous driving
- An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
- A culture that embodies respect, openness and courage
- A workplace with a passion for delivering on customer promises and excellence in our way of working
- A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world
With us you get inspiring and sharp colleagues who like what we do and have fun at work. Each team have the possibility to work when we are at our best with flexible hours and remote or in its own team room. We take care of our well-being with generous health and fitness reimbursements. You get the chance to work with something meaningful and at the same time develop yourself.
Arriver appreciate the value that comes with diverse teams, and strive for a good balance between both gender and age as well as ethnicity and cultural diversity.
Location: Stockholm or Linköping
Last application date: 2022-06-01, recruitment will also be made continuously, so do not wait to apply.
Employment condition: Permanent, full time
Starting date: According to agreement
Contact information: If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Oscar Sverud, email@example.com
Union representative: We have collective agreements with Sveriges Ingenjörer and Unionen. Our labor unions representatives can be contacted at 0322 – 30 94 00.