Opera Sweden is looking for an Android developer to our new Cryptocurrency team.
We are the first major browser to natively integrate a crypto wallet. As an Android developer in our cryptocurrency team, you will be on the cutting edge of building the “web 3” and helping make Bitcoin and Ethereum first class citizens of the modern internet.
You will be a part of a small, focused and supportive team of developers, QA:s and business developers. We use Lean principles for day to day work and best technical practices. We work hard together to reach our goals and make the blockchain available for more people . We also understand that work life balance is important to be able to perform and offer flexible working hours.
Role and responsibilities
Although this is a front-end position, you need to have a strong interest in (and ideally experience with) blockchain, Ethereum and/or Bitcoin. In this role you will implement and maintain features for our crypto wallet. This means being responsible for:
- Building pixel-perfect front-ends from design and interaction mockups
- Taking part in our design and architecture discussions
- Interacting with our UX design team
- Reviewing the client code of other developers
- Integrating back- and front-end components
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience in developing Android applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- CI/CD principles
- Version control using git
- Engineering knowledge: your code should be well structured and comprehensible by other humans, not just computers
An ideal candidate has:
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Strong knowledge about web technologies
- Experience of developing features for a mass-market consumer product
- An opportunity to experience the thrill and challenges of working in an international internet company with a huge global user base
- A flat org structure and friendly atmosphere where we learn and grow together
- A place in the team that works on the most cutting edge technologies
- A flexible work environment
- Great company benefits
How does this sound?
Please attach a cover letter and your resume and apply now. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Opera is a global web innovator with an engaged and growing base of hundreds of millions of monthly active users who seek a better internet experience. Building on over 25 years of innovation that started with browser products, Opera is now leveraging its brand and highly engaged user base in order to expand its business into new segments. Today, Opera offers users around the world a range of products and services that include PC and mobile browsers, the newsreader Opera News, and apps dedicated to gaming, fintech, e-commerce and classifieds.
Opera is headquartered in Oslo, Norway with major offices in Poland, China, Estonia and Sweden, as well as a presence in many additional countries. Opera is listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the “OPRA” ticker symbol.