IndX2020 is s a unique collaboration between four of the largest global industrial companies in East Sweden. Saab, Siemens Energy, Toyota Material Handling, and Väderstad partner with Linköping Science Park in the search for new innovative ideas and startups within emerging technologies.
The application period for IndX2020 has now closed, and no less than 70 startups have chosen to apply. In the following selection process, 10 companies have been selected to proceed. Out of the 10, five is based in the East Sweden Region, four in other part of Sweden and one comes from abroad.
What is it?
IndX2020 is an online event that brings four industry giants from East Sweden; Saab, Siemens Energy, Toyota Material Handling, and Väderstad AB, together with new talents from startups and other innovative companies . Your startup will get the chance to pitch your ideas and workshop together with the Research & Development staff- departments of the partner companies.
The partner companies have chosen three main areas for IndX2020 (scroll down for a detailed list):
We want to increase our efficiency for us as well as our clients by being more connected. How can AI/machine learning, 5G and IoT be used in our organizations?
It is our duty and privilege to contribute to a sustainable world. Think circular business models, decarbonization, and alternative fuels.
We want to use digital technology to create new value. We are looking for solutions for Man and Machine Interaction, Robotics and Smart Vehicles.
A mix of small and big companies in our local area creates a stable market that attracts both talent and companies. IndX2020 is the catalyst where we all come together around concrete and current challenges. – Torbjörn Kvist, Technology & Innovation Management
Business Area Aeronautics, Saab
Who can take part?
Any startup or small company with a dedicated team and innovations within the partners’ interest area. You can participate from anywhere in the world.
How does it work?
It´s all really easy. All you have to do to apply is to fill out this form before the 25th of September. Thereafter representatives from the partner companies will select ten startups out of all the applicants. You will get feedback on your application within two weeks’ time. The 10 selected startups will be called to a filming session where we will record your pitch, you will be called to a meeting between the 5th and 26th of October. If you live far away you will receive instructions on how to record the pitch by yourselves.
The next step is a Digital Pitch event on October 26th where all participating startups will display their pitch films and have q&a´s along with representatives from Saab, Väderstad AB, Toyota Material Handling, and Siemens Energy.
After the Digital Pitch event, the staff at the respective partner companies will work up ideas from your pitches. The goal is to collect 200 ideas. One idea can involve several of the partner companies and several of the participating startups. 10 ideas will be selected and announced during The Innovation week, (week 45).
The main event is on the 9th of November where all partners and startups will workshop together to select four final ideas that will be realized into POC´s (Proof of Concept).
- 25th of September- Last day to apply
- 5th of October- The partner companies will select 10 startups from the applicants. You will receive feedback on your application around this date
- 6th – 25th of October – If you are selected, you will be called to a film session to record your pitch. If you live far away you will receive instructions on how to do the recording yourselves.
- 26th of October, 9 am – 15 pm – Online Pitch Event
- 2th of November – The partner companies will select ideas
- Innovation Week (w. 45)- The selected ideas will be announced
- 9th of November – Our main event where you workshop around your ideas and finally four POC´s are chosen
Areas of interest
- Additive Manufacturing
- Alternative Fuels, Fossile Free Fuels
- Asset tracking and tracing
- Big Data, Big Data Analytics
- Business Models, Business Model Development
- Circular economy
- Connected Farm
- Connected machines
- Digital Twins
- Energy storage and charging solutions
- Man and Machine Interaction Interface
- Indoor Navigation and Positioning
- Innovation systems
- Smart Vehicles
- IoT and IoT Connectivity technologies
- Meassuring Methods
- Security and Compliance
- Smart Grids
- Smart Sensors and Sensor fusion
- System Solutions
- Team Work/Collaboration
- Xtended Reality