Our Exciting Opportunity
Product Development Unit Traffic Control, PDU-TC, is a Unit at Ericsson which is at the forefront of 5G development and is using many new technology concepts e.g. Cloud implementation and Artificial Intelligence. We are growing our organization with skilled persons with various experiences in software development.
The areas targeted for these two positions are the Radio Control Function and the Packet Processing Function (PPF) in the 5G Radio Network. This also includes the split of RAN nodes as defined by the 3GPP Higher Layer Split and Lower Layer Split, as well as ORAN initiatives to define additional open specifications for controlling the RAN functionality.
As the QA lead the holder of this position has the overall responsibility to secure the quality of the integration. The development is highly distributed over many development teams with E2E responsibility in different sites and time zones. Securing quality and integration is done in collaboration with the development teams by test scope planning, leading testing activities, performing hands-on integration and QA work and driving evolvement of the test strategy.
- Actively work with SW architects to get an efficient integration setup
- Secure quality assurance of the interfaces and the components
- Contribute actively with architecture aspects in CI and test strategy discussions and decisions.
- Collaborate with other technical leaders to actively drive the requirements to secure efficient troubleshooting capabilities.
- Work with software engineers to identify and build opportunities to ease friction at all parts of the software development lifecycle
- Diagnose technical problems through layers of abstraction and distributed systems
To be successful in the role you must have
- An innovative and efficient leadership style
- A need to be a positive, productive and creative person who has great communication skills and interacts easily with other people.
- Team-spirit mentality to reach common goals together with your team.
- An urge to strive to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- MSc or BSc level in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent , or the equivalent level of knowledge.
- 5+ years of experience with hands on software and system development.
- Programming skills in object-oriented programming languages such as C/C++ or Java. Other programming languages are an asset.
- Knowledge within any of the areas: Telecommunication, Cloud, Machine Learning, and Agile ways of working is beneficial.
- A great track-record of working in development projects in other industries is a plus.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Excellent skills in Swedish and other languages is highly beneficial.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for the next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at email@example.com.
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Last day to apply: As soon as possible
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.