Ericsson Software Technology is the open source software development company serving Ericsson, a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Ericsson software technology hosts open source R&D resources, focusing on developing technology, fostering and incubating innovation and industry collaboration through open source development.
Ericsson Software Technology employees live Ericsson’s common vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson Software Technology offers a stimulating work experience in open source projects, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to collaborate with the brightest minds in software development and acquire the knowledge & skills vital to reach your career goals.
As an EST leader a focus is placed on high emotional competence and communication skills. We will value the right demeanour and attitude in a candidate who wants to explore new technologies and development activities in a fast paced and demanding role.
If you are looking for a new challenge working in partnership with a global virtual team developing the next generation of telecom and edge computing infrastructure, then this may be the right role for you.
- Be a global leader in building embedded software solutions that are at the heart of Ericsson’s most advanced telecommunications products.
- Coordinate with multiple product teams and align on requirements that will be used across an array of products. Areas include Embedded Linux Yocto distributions, containerized applications, Linux device drivers, etc.
- Drive processes and tooling to document, track, manage, and ultimately oversee the removal of defects and vulnerabilities in EST’s distribution of Linux as provided to product teams within Ericsson.
- Deliver on commitments and milestones.
- Ensure clear and consistent communication with other functional groups and downstream product development teams
- Drive consensus and alignment on team priorities to address issues, trouble tickets, and vulnerabilities across our customer base.
- Aid in resource and budget planning.
- Establish, develop and evolve operating procedures and work in close alignment with the global R&D organization.
- Ensure a safe, creative, and open working environment
To be successful in the role you must have
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Several years of experience working in an embedded Linux environment.
- Experience managing and growing highly effective teams of talented systems engineers.
- Experience in managing a product support team.
- Experience working with new silicon introduction in embedded Linux environments.
- Experience with Ericsson product development including familiarity with methodology and processes
- Experience and proficiency in open source community norms and behaviors; such as Linux kernel development, and associated system tool communities
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Location for this role: Sweden, Ireland, USA & Finland (Jorvas)
Hiring Manager: Line Manager, BNEW DNEW DSI DAC Design Env 1
Recruiter: Asmita Kumari (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.