Are you passionate about leadership combined with high-tech products? As a Team Manager at UMS Skeldar, you will lead the development of autonomous helicopters of the future!
We are now recruiting a Team Manager to our team Aerostructure and Installations (A&I).
UMS SKELDAR is a joint venture between Saab and UMS AERO Group. Our portfolio includes two unmanned helicopters to support naval, military and public safety operations. We have a fast, dynamic and international work environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Today the A&I team consists of 15 engineers within Mechanical Design, Structural Analysis and Electrical Design. The ambition is to grow the team with additional engineers during the coming year. Your mission will be to coach every individual and the team to reach their full potential. Leading the team will include a mix between daily operational task and more strategic tasks. As a leader at UMS Skeldar, you will also contribute to create an environment which has a strong base in our core values: Communication, Trust and Engagement.
In this position you will report to Head of Development. You will also be a part of our Development Management Team, which is an international cross site management team including five Team Managers leading our teams located in Sweden and Switzerland. This team focuses on developing our business and organization, and to bring our sites even closer to each other.
This is the perfect opportunity for you who want to work with a team of highly skilled individuals and be a part of a company where you will be able to leave a footprint. Also… we think our products are quite cool as well…. But you can decide for yourself:
As a Team Manager you will:
- Lead a team of 15-20 highly skilled engineers as the responsible line manager.
- Ensure the timely availability of engineering resources in accordance with the annual plan and project plans.
- Ensure the short and long-term capabilities of the team through active staff development and the definition, implementation, and execution of a multi-year staffing plan.
- Ensure that the output of the team meets all relevant process, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with other teams and departments, such as systems design, product management, project management, procurement, production, flight operations, and customer support.
- Define and/or contribute to the definition of engineering processes and ways of working.
- Coach and lead engaged individuals to reach their goals.
Are you the one we are looking for?
We attach great importance to personal qualities. For this position we are looking for you who have, and want to develop, great leadership skills. We do believe in Team Work, both within and between our teams, and therefore we have a high focus on collaboration skills. Other than that, it’s important for us that you are structured, which includes the ability to plan and organize work efficiently, and follow up and reprioritize as the work progresses.
To succeed in this role, we see that you have a university degree within a technical domain, or other relevant experience. We also require that you have several years of demonstrable experience in leading engineering teams.
This position requires being fluent in English and Swedish, both verbally and in writing.
- An international working environment, with open-minded, ambitious and enthusiastic co-workers.
- A great opportunity to lead and shape a growing engineering team in an exciting and dynamic environment.
- A dynamic workplace where you are a key player in making our products successful.
- Involvement in all phases of product development, from conceptual design to flight testing.
- Location: Linköping.
- Degree of employment: Full-time.
- Start: Immediately with consideration of notice period.
For employment within UMS Skeldar, it is required that you will be approved in accordance with the Swedish Protective Security Act. For some roles with certain security-sensitive activities it may require certain citizenship.
We process applications on an ongoing basis and the position may be filled before the application deadline. We look forward to receiving your application!
Key words: Group Manager, Department Manager, Line Manager, Linjechef, Sektionschef, Avdelningschef.