In parallel with the initial roll out of 5G networks around the world, the interest in hardware and software disaggregation and virtualization of Radio Access Networks (RAN) and the use of open, standardized, RAN interfaces is growing. Ericsson have closely followed this technology evolution over the past years and have now launched Cloud RAN.
The pace of innovation of cloud technologies is super high, and we want to be in the forefront – this means that you will also drive Cloud Native principles into the product requirements and need to be on top of the latest trends!
We are now forming a Strategic Operation & Maintenance System Development team. The team will work with RAN level systemizations cross and with the development projects. What it means is that we will outline the strategic direction and R&D choices as well as the operative tactics about how the navigate during the way.
PDU Cloud RAN is a small development unit and you will be part of a highly energetic and tech focused team, defining midterm product development strategies and systemization for the virtualized product offering.
What you will do
- Be a key member of the overall Cloud RAN technical lead team where you will together with the rest of the team take on a leading role for Cloud RAN O&M, ensuring we as a company succeed in delivering a cloud native RAN offering to our customers, as well as participating in O&M standardization activities.
- Lead and or participating in technical system studies, producing technical decision material, cost estimates, small business cases and make buy analysis
- Being a part of the Strategic O&M System Development team, you work closely with product line Cloud RAN and the development units responsible for Cloud RAN solutions but also with other Ericsson development units, e.g. DNEW NSV, BNEW Standards & Technology, and PDU OSS.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with selected key customers, customer units and giving customer presentations.
- Be the split architecture, the Cloud Native infrastructure and the journey towards micro services will put new requirements on the systemization, on new and changed functionality, on observability, on trace and not least the way of working.
To be successful in the role you must
- Have a passion for O&M, Serviceability and Automation and really want to take on a leading role in a disruption of managing Radio Access Networks
- Take the technical lead in supporting product line and customer units in customer engagements and bringing forward innovative solutions that are in line with the capabilities of the organization
- Participate in coordinating the analysis and planning for new requirements or solutions that are driven from customers, product line, other functional units within Cloud RAN.
- Maintain a network and collaborate with other technical leaders in and adjacent to the area.
- Lead and participate in technical decisions forums and steering group
Be expert in system management or research management and of course a deep interest and understanding of 5G technologies
You will bring
- Masters in Science, PhD or equivalent education
- Have 5+ years’ experience of system work developing large scale products
- Engineering and technical leadership capabilities to help your system groups and team both deliver on short-term commitments and to evolve our solutions into the future
- In-depth knowledge in systemization of management of RAN and/or Cloud technologies (quick studies, strategic investigations, and system solutions)
- Technical understanding of mobile systems and the RAN market, especially the deployment scenarios and motivations that drives the customer requirements, and the competitive landscape
- Good understanding of Cloud technologies and how they are used in other businesses, including public Cloud providers
- Tight collaboration with the design teams to keep the systemization close to the implementation
- Experience of cross organizational technical coordination and alignment
- Have the technical and human proficiencies needed to help craft our vision for a truly Cloud-Native RAN solution
- Be just as comfortable whiteboarding technical solutions with engineering teams as you are communicating those solutions to management and customers alike
- Capability to translate sophisticated technical information to decision points and impact analysis
- Capability to translate our products into values for our customers as well as customer wishes into products relevant requirement
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
As the selection process and interviews are ongoing, we encourage you to send your application in English as soon as you can.
Location: Linköping, Sweden.
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email. If you have further questions,
You are welcome to contact recruiter: Suma H Venkatagiri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Last date to apply: 31st August, 2022
We look forward to meeting you!
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.