As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
Interested to lead in cloud-native technologies?
Excellent, as we are now looking for creative, upbeat, system and software developers to join our Network Automation unit. We are embracing a start-up mentality to deliver our product with better customer experience and at the same time increase the organizational efficiency. The Network Automation unit is part of Product Development Unit (PDU) Cloud RAN, a new organization that will be leading the development and creation of a cloud-native Radio Access Network (RAN) product offering.
Our unit drives and develops new ways of deploying, managing and controlling the Radio Access Network, using principle from cloud native, intent driven management, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) as a coordinated part of the solutions. Our vision is an autonomous RAN with a minimum of manual interactions. An important part to enable this is to use a Continues Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) flow within our development.
We have a clear customer focus with commercial trials planned later during 2021. We are growing our organization with skilled persons with various kinds of experiences in software development who care about well-crafted software and reliable systems. We are searching for people who are eager to join us on our journey to build something truly exciting!
You will be part of a team with two main responsibilities. The first is to set-up, integrate and configure test channels used by development teams. The second is to be operational responsible for our automated Canary CI/CD pipeline which will be handled as a customer site. As responsible to operate the site you will always have to monitor the “health” of the system. Any functionality missing to be able to monitor, observe and troubleshoot the system or, even better, to get the system to automatically recover, should be identified and feedback into the development flow. As a part to simulate a real customer site, you will also be responsible to put realistic load on the system. The end vision is an automatic system, i.e. a system which automatically recovers from all sorts of problems.
At Ericsson, we believe in teamwork and value open communication. We believe in agile principles, meaning we are flexible and always strive to improve our ways of working. All team members contribute with their expertise and together they have the needed competence to drive their work from start to finish. This means communication, and coordination both between team-members and teams are important.
You will face new techniques and methods, like cloud native, microservices and AI/ML, at the same time as the system architecture and the solutions are being developed. You need to be comfortable to work on unspecified tasks and changing requirements. Thus, we are seeking persons with a can-do attitude, that like a challenge and have the perseverance and energy of driving problems until a solution is settled. We also believe that you are productive, creative and easily interact with other people. In addition, you can plan and drive your own work to reach common goals together with your team members.
- Set up, integrate and troubleshoot test environment
- Be responsible to have a view of the health of the Network Automation products
- Improve the robustness and reliability of the CI/CD pipeline by continuously introducing automation solution
- Work with the Cloud RAN product and release flow
- Be responsible for the test support for Network Automation products (Test tools/framework development)
- Adopt cloud-native technology and principles
- Work closely with the customer
To be successful in the role you must have
- A can-do personality that is positive, productive and creative and an ability to plan and drive your own work
- A team-spirit mentality to reach our common goals and an ability to adapt and respond to changes
- An understanding of the Product Development and the Product Life Cycle
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Interest in developing your personal qualities and competences
- MSc or BSc level in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent level of knowledge
- Programming skills in object-oriented programming languages such as Golang, C/C++ or Java
- Experience from SW architecture, systemization, programming, testing and troubleshooting of large applications and systems
- Experience of managing of large distributed systems, cloud-native systems and tools
- Experience of automating test cases and improving the test framework
- Proficiency in English in conversation and writing
- Experience in any of the following areas – Telecommunication, AI and Machine Learning, Virtualization, Cloud Native, container technologies, development of microservices, development using open source products. agile methods and continuous integration are all beneficial.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for the next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at email@example.com
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Last day to apply: As soon as possible
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.