Our Exciting Opportunity
In the System Department for 5G Radio Access Networks within Ericsson Product Development, we are now extending our group of system developers in the area of Traffic Control and Traffic Optimization! The technical domain we drive and develop includes higher-layer interfaces and protocols, algorithms for mobility, connection handling, dual connectivity, and carrier aggregation.
The systemization work also includes an understanding of lower layers (PHY, MAC), connection to the core network and end-user applications that run on top of our RAN. The scope of the department spans from concept studies through systemization and supporting during development and deployment in the field.
We are looking for a System Developer that will work within all the phases of the product development and in particular with the early phases such as the concept building and systemization of functionality.
- Work in all phases of the product development flow with an extra emphasis on the early phases (concept building, proof of concepts, systemization of functionality)
- Drive innovation through system studies on various abstraction levels
- Act as a bridge to design and verification
- Build deep and broad competence for a specific technical area driving our product towards excellence
- Have opportunities to become a leader for programs or technical domains
- Work together with a team of very experienced and highly qualified system engineers
- Have customer contacts through field trials support, presentations and deeper technical forward-looking collaborations
To be successful in the role you must have
- A personality and work-style to become a technical leader within a smaller or larger technical domain
- A creative and innovative mindset and the ability to work easily with other people
- An ability to plan and drive your work, and also work in teams to reach common goals
- An ability to adapt and respond quickly to change and deliver results to meet customer expectations
- Excellent communication skills
- MSc level in a technical field or the equivalent level of knowledge. Education and experience in telecommunication are beneficial.
- Understanding of the Product Development and the Product Life Cycle (beneficial).
- Knowledge, experience, and background from working as a System Developer (beneficial).
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for the next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Last day to apply: As soon as possible
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.