As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
Interested to lead in cloud-native technologies?
Excellent, as we are now looking for creative, energetic, system and software developers to join our Network Automation unit. We are embracing a start-up mentality to deliver our product with better customer experience and at the same time increase the organizational efficiency. The Network Automation unit is part of Product Development Unit (PDU) Cloud RAN(Radio Access Network), a new organization that will be leading the development and creation of a cloud-native RAN product offering.
Our unit drives and develops new ways of deploying, managing and controlling the Radio Access Network, using principle from cloud native, intent driven management, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) as an integrated part of the solutions. Our vision is an autonomous RAN with a minimum of manual interactions. An important part to enable this is to use a Continues Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) flow within our development.
We have a customer focus with commercial trials planned late 2021 or beginning of 2022. We are growing our organization with skilled persons with various kinds of experiences in software development who care about well-crafted software and reliable systems. We are searching for people who are eager to join us on our journey to build something truly exciting!
We offer an environment where you will be part of a team with the responsibility to develop microservice solutions in a cloud-based Radio Access Network. The team is responsible from initial systemization to product introduction and release, taking an end-to-end product responsibility. This means that the tasks range from requirement setting, systemization, design, implementation, integration, verification to customer release and maintenance. We strive towards using DevOps principles to as a large extent as possible.
At Ericsson, we believe in teamwork and value open communication. We believe in agile principles, meaning we are flexible, always strive to improve our ways of working and that the team members together have the required competence to drive the development of the solutions from start to finish. All members of the team contribute with their expertise, thus communication, and coordination both within the team as well as with other teams are of importance.
You will face new technics and methods, like cloud native, microservices and AI/ML, at the same time as the system architecture and the solutions are being developed. You need to be comfortable to work on unspecified tasks and changing requirements. Thus, we are seeking persons with a can-do attitude, that like a challenge and have the perseverance and energy of driving problems until a solution is settled. We also believe that you are productive, creative and easily interact with other people.
- Participate in pre-design activities such as driving/specifying solutions of use cases and break-down into smaller pieces.
- Participate in design activities, such as analyze, design and implement code, tests and documentation.
- Participate in integration activities and continuously perform system integration of what’s been developed.
- Follow our features all the way to customer making sure it works as encouraged.
- Daily collaborate with the other team members as most suitable to reach our delivery goals.
- Engage and suggest changes to improve our performance.
- Continuously ensure you develop your competences needed to perform your tasks.
To be successful in the role you must have
- A can-do personality that is positive, productive and creative and an ability to plan and drive your own work.
- A team-spirit mentality to reach our common goals and an ability to adapt and respond to changes.
- Excellent cooperation, communication and people skills.
- Interest in developing your personal qualities and competences.
- MSc or BSc level in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Experience from software development and skills in object-oriented programming languages such as Golang, C/C++ or Java.
- Proficiency in English in conversation and writing.
- Experience in any of the following areas – software architecture, systemization and testing of large systems, telecommunication, AI/ML, Virtualization, Cloud Native, container technologies, development of microservices, development using open source products.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader.
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden.
Last day to apply: As soon as possible.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.