As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
In the Network and System Verification O&M (Orchestration and Management) Department for 5G Radio Access Networks within Ericsson Product Development the technical domain we drive and develop includes defining an architecture for Management and Orchestration of the RAN to enable a high level of automation and optimization and to systemize the management use cases from the user view with the aim to drastically reduce the OPEX for the operators.
The scope of the department spans from standardization and concept studies through systemization, verification and support during development and deployment in the field.
We are now looking for a Standardization Engineer in Radio Access Network Management and Orchestration.
The introduction of 5G will mean a new way of thinking when it comes to operation and management of the Radio Access Networks. In 5G network we introduce a new distributed architecture and lifting part of the Radio Network to a virtualized environment. To handle the increased complexity of the system we are introducing new technologies like cloud orchestration, machine learning, automation and analytics.
For Ericsson, it is important to be a leading player in the industry when forming the new 5G management. The work is driven within standardization forums (e.g. ORAN, 3GPP and ETSI) and Open Source initiatives (e.g. ONAP). We are now looking for Engineers to be part of our standardization team to engage in these initiatives representing Ericsson.
- Participate in an Ericsson wide standardisation team.
- Write own contributions in your area of responsibility.
- Review and comment contributions (proposals) from other companies.
- Secure connection to the Ericsson strategies and product development through active networking with the affected parts (product units and product leaders) of the organization.
- Participate in international standardisation meetings to represent Ericsson, where you drive how future management and orchestration will work for mobile systems.
- Discuss future standard proposals with operators (customers) and other vendors (competitors).
- Support product units and product leaders on how the standard can be interpreted.
To be successful in the role you must have
- MSc level in a technical field or the equivalent level of knowledge.
- A self-motivation and analytical thinking with a high ability to understand, develop and drive technical solutions.
- An ability to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Good abilities to work in teams as well as independently to achieve results on time and with quality.
- Experience in one or several of the areas; Radio Networks, Management/O&M of telecom networks, Standardization, Cloud technologies, Machine Learning, Security or Analytics.
- Good self-drive, perseverance and communication skills.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for the next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Last day to apply: As soon as possible
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.