Our Exciting Opportunity
In parallel with the initial roll out of 5G networks around the world, the interest in hardware and software disaggregation and virtualization of Radio Access Networks (RAN) and the use of open, standardized, RAN interfaces is growing. Ericsson have closely followed this technology evolution over the past years and have now launched Cloud RAN.
The pace of innovation of cloud technologies is super high, and we want to be in the forefront – this means that you will also drive Cloud Native principles into the product requirements and need to be on top of the latest trends!
As part of the development unit PDU Cloud RAN we are now forming a Strategic System Development and Technical Product and Portfolio management team. The team will work with RAN level systemizations cross and with the development projects. What is means is that we will outline the strategic direction and R&D choices as well as the operative tactics about how the navigate during the way.
PDU Cloud RAN is a small development unit and you will be part of a highly energetic and tech focused team, defining midterm product development strategies and systemization for the virtualized product offering.
Be a key member of the overall Cloud RAN technical lead team where you will together with the rest of the team lead the overall Cloud RAN system, ensuring we as a company succeed in delivering a cloud native RAN offering to our customers.
Be a part of the Strategic System Development lead team in PDU Cloud RAN, you work closely with product line Cloud RAN and the development units responsible for Cloud RAN solutions but also with system teams and line for 4G and 5G as well as with other Ericsson development units.
Be on top of internal engagements, you will have the opportunity to interact with selected key customers and customer units, give customer presentations in cooperation with product line Cloud RAN.
Be the split architecture, the Cloud Native infrastructure and the journey towards micro services will put new requirements on the systemization, on new and changed functionality, on observability, on trace and not least the way of working.
To be successful in the role you must
- Take the technical lead in supporting product line and customer units in customer engagements and bringing forward innovative solutions that are in line with the capabilities of the organization
- Participat in coordinating the analysis and planning for new requirements or solutions that are driven from customers, product line, other functional units within Cloud RAN, with embedded RAN system teams and other Ericsson units
- Lead and or participating in technical system studies, producing technical decision material, cost estimates, small business cases and make buy analysis
- Maintain a network and coordinate with other technical leaders in and adjacent to the area.
- Lead and participate in technical decisions forums and steering group
- Be experienced in system management or research management and of course a deep interest and understanding of 4G and 5G technologies
- Academic degree: MSc, PhD or equivalent
- Have 5+ years’ experience of system work developing large scale products
- Engineering and technical leadership capabilities to help your system groups and team both deliver on short-term commitments and to evolve our solutions into the future
- In-depth knowledge in systemization of 3GPP RAN or Cloud technologies (quick studies, strategic investigations, and system solutions)
- Technical understanding of mobile systems and the RAN market, especially the deployment scenarios and motivations that drives the customer requirements, and the competitive landscape
- Good understanding of Cloud technologies and how they are used in other businesses, including public Cloud providers
- Tight collaboration with the design teams to keep the systemization close to the implementation
- Experience of cross organizational technical coordination and alignment
- Have the technical and human proficiencies needed to help craft our vision for a truly Cloud-Native RAN solution
- Be just as comfortable whiteboarding technical solutions with engineering teams as you are communicating those solutions to management and customers alike
- Capability to translate sophisticated technical information to decision points and impact analysis
- Capability to translate our products into values for our customers as well as customer wishes into products relevant requirement
As the selection process and interviews are ongoing, we encourage you to send your application in English as soon as you can, by April the 30th as the latest. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
If you have further questions, you are welcome to contact recruiter: Neena Svensson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring manager Anette Borg, Head of Strategic System Development section at PDU Cloud RAN at Ericsson.
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
We look forward to meeting you!
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.