Do you want to be part of crafting super-fast product flows for Ericsson 5G products?
To get the product to the customer we need tools, services and interfaces that make it possible to build, test and release software products on a scale that very few other companies in the world can handle.
We are now on the journey towards a CI/CD (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment) setup that is based on cloud native principles and technologies that can produce software for both cloud and custom hardware at extremely large scale.
To do this we want to integrate best practices and technologies from open source with internal solutions needed for Ericsson products and custom hardware into a development platform that gives developers full access to all needed services and tools and allows us to create CI/CD pipelines from code to customer with full automation. The platform will be based on Kubernetes with containerized services and CI/CD that can be used by other tools teams and product developers to add their specific needs on top.
The team that you are part of works with architecture, design, development, operation and support. That includes work with the architecture and development team and continuous look for what’s new on the market. This also includes driving environment/process improvements and optimizing the usability and stability of the environment, as well as handling day-to-day issues/tasks. The team seeks to automate as many as of the manual work tasks as possible of the manual work tasks using built-in analytics and to continue crafting microservice systems, so experience and competence in automation and test will be necessary.
The team is a part of organization that has a mission to build an engineering environment that provides outstanding time-to-market, cost efficiency and with excellent quality, both for present and future business needs. This will be achieved by enabling flow and transparency, improving collaboration with aligned ways of working as well as reducing cost through infrastructure sharing. You will be a part of a team with members in Linköping, collaborating closely with other teams around the world, e.g. Kista, Ireland.
What you will do
- Work in an agile team that is responsible for developing high quality-products, tools and services to be used in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery/Deployment (CD) across Ericsson worldwide.
- Provide troubleshooting and customer support.
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes.
- Develop competence in your technical domain.
- Work with Containers, Kubernetes, open source/inner source best practices, focus on tool integration and deployment.
You will bring
- The ability to write high-performance, maintainable code in Java, Python, C++ or other programming languages.
- A strong ability to contribute to hands-on work with systemization, coding, design, test activities and maintenance.
- Experience and interest in Linux, Cloud (e.g. virtualization) and microservices solutions.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Openness to trying new ways of working and a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Excellent English skills, both verbally and writing.
- Proven skills in cross-functional teamwork, preferably in Agile/Scrum teams.
- Willingness to give support and share experiences with colleagues.
- Creative approach and innovation mindset.
- Good collaboration and networking skills.
- A determination to deliver results and meet customer expectations.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant scientific field.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Please send in your application in English as soon as possible since the process is ongoing.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.