As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity
Ericsson Software Technology Overview
Ericsson Software Technology is the open source software development company serving Ericsson, a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Ericsson software technology hosts open source R&D resources, focusing on developing technology, fostering and incubating innovation and industry collaboration through open source development.
Ericsson Software Technology employees live Ericsson’s common vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson Software Technology offers a stimulating work experience in open source projects, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to collaborate with the brightest minds in software development and acquire the knowledge & skills vital to reach your career goals.
As an EST representative open source developer a focus is placed on high emotional competence and communication skills. We will value the right demeanour and attitude in a candidate who wants to explore new technologies and development activities in a fast paced and demanding role.
If you are looking for a new challenge working in partnership with a global virtual team developing the next generation of telecom and edge computing infrastructure, then this may be the right role for you.
- Setup and configure board support packages (BSPs).
- Implement and maintain Linux kernel device drivers
- Develop and configure system tools, boot-loaders, etc.
- Bring up prototype boards and hardware in coordination with the hardware and embedded teams.
- Analyze and develop software in C and C++ for multi-threaded real time systems.
- Debug and resolve field issues.
- Contribute to, and interact with upstream open source communities including but not limited to Linux
To be successful in the role you must have
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid experience developing Linux kernel device drivers or other kernel modules
- Previous experience optimally contributing to the Linux kernel community is a plus (please reference patch submissions)
- Experience working with new silicon introduction in embedded Linux environments. Working with silicon vendors to adapt reference designs and tests to specific, custom hardware implementations
- Experience and proficiency in open source community norms and behaviors; such as Linux kernel developers, and associated system tool communities
The candidate needs to demonstrate strong experience and expertise in Linux kernel and device driver development in an embedded Linux Yocto development environment. Also critical are strong communication skills, and the ability to work as a highly-valued member of a tightly knit team of Senior hardware and software engineers.
Good to have
Experience as an Ericsson product developer including familiarity with methodology and processes
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Location for this role: Sweden, Ireland, USA & Finland (Jorvas)
Hiring Manager: Line Manager, BNEW DNEW DSI DAC Design Env 1
Recruiter: Asmita Kumari (Asmita.firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.