We are looking for a Radio Network Systems Engineer with a strong AI(Artificial intelligence)/ML (Machine Learning) background that will join our excellent team in Linköping and work with the AI powered RAN (Radio Access Network) features, signal processing algorithms, 5G RAN SW and much more.
Product Development Unit (PDU) Cloud RAN within Development Unit Networks (DNEW). This new PDU will ensure Ericsson’s readiness in virtualization of radio access network (RAN) solutions and complement our embedded RAN portfolio in order to serve our customers when deploying 5G. PDU Cloud RAN is building a full stack virtualization of the 5G NR CU (Central Unit) and DU (Distributed Unit) based on COTS (Commercial-off-the-shelf) HW and cloud-native technologies.
We in Cloud RAN vCU(Virtual Central Unit) organization are responsible for 5G Traffic Control products and functions. We have a clear customer focus with commercial deliveries planned very soon.
We are growing our organization with skilled persons with various experiences in System Engineering or Software Development who cares about well-crafted software. We are searching for people who are eager to join us on our journey to build something truly exciting!
In this newly formed unit, we embrace a start-up mentality to deliver a product with great customer experience and increased organizational efficiency making creative and out-of-the box employees an excellent fit.
We offer an environment where you will be part of a team bringing the solutions, we develop from systemization to product introduction and release, taking an end-to-end product responsibility.
You will be part of E2E (End to End) software development of microservices in a Cloud based Radio Access Network, all the way from requirement setting, systemization, implementation, verification to customer release and maintenance.
You will also be a part of the development of our strategy and to full extent utilize and deliver enhanced features using AI and ML technologies to bring new business opportunities for our customers.
At Ericsson, we believe in teamwork and value open communication. Our way of working is to have agile Teams that together have the required knowledge to drive the software products from start to finish. All members of the team contribute with their expertise. Communication, and coordination both between team-members and teams are equally important.
What you will do
- Work with the software product and feature development delivering microservices for the Cloud RAN Traffic Control Unit domain.
- Work with E2E and Module Systemization.
- Adopt cloud native technology and principles.
- Prototype new ideas and concepts.
- Work with the design, implementation, and optimization of AI algorithms.
- Validate, analyze, and evaluate models.
- Work with algorithm training, validation, and testing.
- Work collaboratively with customers to improve the product (DevOps).
You will bring
- MSc or BSc level in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience in AI powered software development.
- Experience in Machine Learning techniques such as reinforcement learning, federated learning, transfer learning, deep learning, imitation learning, multi-agent systems, pattern recognition and classification.
- Programming skills in Python, object-oriented programming languages such as C/C++, other programming languages are highly valuable as well.
- Experience in Linux and working with open source.
- Experience in any of the following areas – Virtualization, cloud, container technologies, development of microservices, SW architecture and agile methods and continuous integration.
- Good knowledge of cloud such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS and Azure.
- A spirit of positiveness and creativeness with a can-do-attitude.
- Great communicating skills.
- Team-spirit mentality to reach common goals together with your team.
- A great deal of care for well-crafted software.
- Ability to work in international and multi-site teams.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Please send in your application in English as soon as possible since the process is ongoing.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.