Product Development Unit Traffic Control, PDU TC, is a unit at Ericsson which is at the forefront of 5G development, introducing new technology concepts such as Cloud based implementation and Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence. We are now growing our organization with skilled persons in various fields and experiences.
The PDU TC Operations and Program Office in Linköping has focus on 5G programs related to traffic control. With responsibility for Program Management of new functional development programs, Program Management for product governance (Trouble report handling, flow and release handling, quality improvement etc), as well as architecture evolution program(s) leading us towards deployment of agnostic Traffic Control Software products (e.g. cloud based), we need to strengthen our team to manage new challenges. We are specifically lacking resources in domains as feature development and product architecture development. We see a need both of experienced Program managers, as well as someone with some experience in program management who has the drive and ambition to grow in leadership.
What you will do
- Work with internationally distributed teams, located in several countries around the globe.
- Collaborate across multiple organizations and sites.
- Be an active part of the TC programs, contributing to its success.
- Propose, drive and deploy changes/improvements in program setup and ways of working.
Depending on assigned role you will:
- Manage programs or sub-programs within any of our ongoing programs (mainly 5G Functional development, 5G Architecture development, 5G Product Governance).
- Drive major SPs (Solution packages), from systemization to customer release.
- Take on short- or long-term assignments like driving organizational changes, initiate/drive/deploy improvement activities, initiate/drive/deploy quality initiatives, etc.
- Initiate and drive TR task-forces and Fault Slip Through (FST) analysis and drive proposals of improvements, based on e.g. Trouble Report (TR) statistics.
You will bring
- Knowledge, experience and background from previous leading roles such as Team leader, Program Manager or similar.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Product Development and the Product Life Cycle.
- Overall knowledge of the 5G RAN Product and structure and good knowledge of the Traffic Control part, including also LTE (4G).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Skills to work and focus during tight, critical timelines and high customer attention.
- A drive and skill to constantly improve our methods and processes.
- A true passion to deliver urgent and requested solutions to customers.
- A personality and workstyle to handle difficult and fast paced situations to secure results in a changing environment.
- A passion and skill to grow other persons.
- A creative thinking and the ability to work easily with other people.
- An ability to plan and drive your work, and together with other work towards common goals.
- MSc level in a technical field or the equivalent level of knowledge. Education and experience in telecommunication are beneficial.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at email@example.com
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Last day to apply: As soon as possible
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.