Would you like to help implement innovative cloud native solutions and solve the world’s most complex technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies and be part of the development of the Ericsson Cloud RAN? We are seeking systems analyst to own and advance use cases in the Network Automation of Cloud RAN.
Our team is developing the management, orchestration and automation of Cloud RAN that encompasses physical network functions (PNF), virtual network functions (VNF), cloud native network functions (CNF) and the services across Cloud RAN, transport, 5G Core and underlying cloud infrastructure. Under this context, Cloud RAN management is not just about managing hybrid network functions in RAN, but also about bringing cloud native principles, programmable networks and model driven management and orchestration systems. This brings key values needed in 5G networks such as automation, flexibility, faster time to market, managing complex networks, and better customer experience.
Our Systems Analysts work in a fast-paced environment with our multi-disciplined development teams to deliver use cases to our customers. In this role, the candidate will support Network Automation by completing activities including but not limited to:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can understand technical concepts and be able to convey to partners by delivering technical studies to architects and various partners
- Analyze requirements, processes and pursue business problems, and work through ambiguous situations
- Lead challenging technical discussions and workshops to support in the creation of edge technical solutions to realize the use cases for Cloud RAN
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with customers & technical team members
- Have an ability to work effectively in a global team distributed across geographic locations
- Have a strong working knowledge of Jira
We’re looking for Systems Analysts to join our team in both Ireland and Sweden. If in Ireland this role will sit in our Athlone site and if in Sweden the role will sit in our Linköping site.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
- Relevant Software Development experience
- Experience in Network Management systems, especially O&M (Operation & Maintenance) with an understanding of relevant use cases
- Familiarity with system architecture and system design principles
- Familiar with Network Operations, Network Management, Radio & Transport technologies, and Mobile Core Networks
- Knowledge of emerging network management developments and a desire to learn new skills
- Experience in developing cloud-based applications which can be deployed on cloud technologies (e.g. OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure) & container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker); knowledge of distributed systems and emerging technologies would be an added advantage
- Familiarity with Opensource initiatives (e.g. ONAP, OSM, ORAN and Standards (e.g. TMF, ETSI-MANO, 3GPP)
- Exposure to cloud computing, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
What we offer
- We support all forms of workplace environments, from using the office as a full or part time workspace with remote working within Ireland.
- A healthy work-life balance (flexible hours, maternity/paternity and parental leave)
- 27 days annual leave, family-friendly work environment!
- Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Clearly defined career paths, improved with inhouse training and financial support for external study
- Opportunities to travel around the world and work directly with our customers before they go live
- Pension scheme, health insurance, company doctor, life cover and sick pay/income continuance plan
- Laptop and mobile phone, tax saver commuter/bike to work scheme
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.